Sat, Sep 21, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: V3 and V2 Hair

hillbill ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 6:19 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:50 AM

Hi there, I suspect there is no easy way to do this but if u don't ask...... I have a few V2 conforming hair characters. I'd like to use these with V3 but conforming them does not work too well at all. Is there a conversion utility? hb

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:16 PM

If the hair conforms but doesn't bend along the next.... just export the hair as an obj. Reimport it reload the transmap and adjust the sliders parent to V3 head save into the hair library as a hair prop.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:28 PM

There is also a JP pose for the V2 hair that Jim Burton created so it could be used on V3. I think it's in freestuff, but I'm not sure.

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 10:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.thenetherworks.com

You can also try the V3 Center Setter Utility Pose available at my website. Usually it's the centers of the joints that need to be changed. Look in the freebies zone...

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 10:52 PM

file_55376.jpg

Here's a shot of the Wild and Messy V3 hair converted to V2, via the V2 Center Setter (V3 one works in the same way).

Though hair with extra "limbs" such as Spywear hair may have unpredictable results.

hillbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:19 PM

Netherworks - top stuff. This works a treat. Thanks, hb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.