Thu, Sep 19, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Renderosity Graphic Set Contest 2003 - Readme

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=192

"Every few years we engage our members into a Renderosity logo contest. With this new logo, we will be changing the appearance of Renderosity as well - a new look! Come on and enter your work. The contest entries will begin on Monday April 21st through May 23nd 2003. The community will select the top 25 of the entries, admin will make the final decision, and an announcement will be made on June 5th 2003". "Prizes: -$500 cash -All images will be posted on renderosity as our header logo, marketplace logo, web ring logo, the artwork will be displayed in the about us section and at the bottom of the sidebar, and we will use the general banners on other sites as well as within Renderosity. -Signature of the artist on the Header logo and Art image -The winner will be listed on a contest page and entered into our "Journey - Renderosity Logos" area for a historical representation More info at link. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

garcia ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 1:27 AM

Thanks AS Robert..

Kiera ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 1:45 AM

Thanks for the info.. curious about one thing though.. if the art must be signed, how will it be anonymous? Am I misreading something? =D

croowe ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:51 AM

My interpretation: I think what they are talking about in the rules about being anonymous is for voting purposes. They will not display the R'osity user name when posting for voting. I am sure AS will correct me if I am wrong.

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:54 AM

My thought as well, if you don't know who did it, then you'll be judging it on it's own merit, not because you are a friend or know the artist...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 4:27 AM

...let me go ask about that one... AS

Dragonsbld ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:24 AM

oo.. i may have to try this one.. though i suck at deadlines..

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:06 AM

Fixed. It was a snafu with the rules. Thanks for catching it Kiera! Entries are NOT to be signed anywhere to keep it anonymous, the final winner will be the one to sign their entry. (later) AgentSmith

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:16 PM

Just for fun, do you guys save the previous versions of the renderosity logos?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=1

Here is the link for the last contest held in 2001. Number 19 was the eventual winner. (Toxic Angel) AgentSmith

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:12 PM

This sound like a wonderful idea, but I get the feeling that in any contest that cover all Renderosity then unless you do something with a Poser figure in it it will not win. Please excuse my cynicism but since I joined here that seems to be the way it goes. Catlin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewLink=458

Actually, the first 3 logo's Renderosity ever used has no Posr models. Link shows past logo's. AS

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 6:12 PM

Ok, I take it back, but I still think that in recent times Poser oriented work gets more coverage than anything else. Just my opinion. 8) Catlin

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:22 PM

I have a question. In the rules it states: ( The winner will be requested to send the images in TIFF format at 300dpi. ) Will this be 300dpi at the dimensions stated in the layout example?

Stephen Ray

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 12:03 AM

Yup, 640x640, 300dpi. AS

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 6:15 PM

Since I think it is right to fight the good fight and promote my beloved Bryce I think I'll go for it. As I keep telling myself "you never know until you try". Catlin 8)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 1:37 AM

Exactamundo. :o) AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.