Fri, Sep 20, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: *********** April Challenge..... VOTE HERE *************

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:16 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=171

Ok, challenge is closed for April. It was tough to find all the freestuff and make it fit with a hero theme. There's all kinds of heros from Mom and Pop to Batman to soldiers to historical figures to V in the temple! You name it, its here! Don't forget to click "Next" at the bottom because there are 22 entries this month. Remember to vote by name, and assign points. "Bob - 3" (this means Bob gets the most points and is your first place choice. "Rob - 2" (this is your second place choice. "Nob - 1" (this is your third place choice. I'll assign the number of points to the name you give and add them up at the end for the totals.) You must chose 3 winners, they may not all be the same person, you must give points (3,2,1) to each. Winner picks next month's theme and we'll have a week built in for any discussion. This is our third month and so far things are going well. Hats off to all of you who participate!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:54 AM

Creations - 3 Hecate - 2 Evoshandor - 1 Good luck, folks!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:59 AM

A_ - 3 (My father didn't win the Medal, but he was a fighter pilot in the Air Force and lived his life in a wheelchair from age 25. He retired with a 100% disability 3 years before I was born. He died at age 67. Always a hero in my mind. Never talked about his disabilities, always talked about what he COULD and DID do. At his funeral, someone told the story of a guy who was on the side of the road with a flat tire and another guy in a wheel chair who stopped to change it. Yup, that was dad. Guess the word "disability" was on the wrong foot that day. I loved to hear his flying stories and became a flight captain just two years after he passed. Somehow, I think he knew.) Patricia - 2 (very well done, unique composition. I just love the way you put this together.) Creations - 1 (I was a medic for an ambulance company 23 years ago. Brought back memories.)

RNKarenER ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 1:09 AM

Patricia~3 Cybia~2 Mlevens~1

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 1:16 AM

Oh, and.. Sandoppe, I couldn't agree with you more. Dad is a hero. Hecate, Definitely a hero of mine, Don Quixote. Gotta love him. Las 61, grandma is very special for everyone. God bless them. Chohole, a wise and powerful man. I love your native american art. HaiGan, kids are the real heros, eh? After all, its their future. OneShot, hey, not bad. I still watch Batman, the original black and white one! Electroglyph, Conan? How about the babes in Arnold's movies? Mlevans, LOL, well, someone has to save the last egg! You know, each and every image (even the ones I didn't mention tonight) are unique and special. What a wild ride to look at all of these! You all did well!

tasquah ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:24 AM

hecate - 3 Simple for me "Don Quixote de la Mancha" is one of my hero's as well. Thanks Hecate now i cant get that darn song out of me head. chohole - 2 Excelent choice All people could learn a thing or 2 from Chief Tecumseh including my self. sandoppe - 1 Its good to see that a father can be be a hero as well . I would like to thank all the artists and staff who worked hard to make this a great contest.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:47 AM

Patricia - 3 Cybia - 2 Creations - 1

Elsina ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:50 AM

A_ : 3 points Sandpoppe : 2 points Chohole : 1 point

My gallery @ Renderosity

crowhat ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:12 AM

Patricia: 3 chohole: 2 hecate: 1

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:47 AM

Creations:3 Sandoppe:2 RNKarenER:1

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Lorraine ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 4:29 AM

A_3 RnKarenER_2 cybia_1

EvoShandor ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:36 AM

hmm...some very interesting images...I almost feel...aww heck...great job folks! HaiGan: 3 EvoShandor: 2 Creations: 1 Evo ;)

las_61 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:48 AM

HaiGan-3 A_ - 2 chohole-1

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:54 AM

Patricia - 3 las 61 - 2 Creations - 1 :)

dreamer728 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 8:05 AM

3 - Cybia 2 - Creations 1 - Patricia

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 8:11 AM

chris_green 3 Patricia 2 A_ 1

genny ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 8:19 AM

Creations- 3 Chohole- 2 Sandoppe- 1

V3fiend ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 8:50 AM

Kurgen-3 Jenai21-2 Evoshandor-1

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:03 AM

Great Job Folks! Thank you for your visions! A 3 Hecate 2 las61 1

electroglyph ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:09 AM

Very Hard, I originally wanted to do Conan because of the babe factor. Since Victoria and P4man are both commercial items I couldn't figure out how to get both into the image without breaking the rules. I accidently put the P4 lion in the scene only to take it out at the last minute because conan was built on the P4man. Conan also couldn't be killing freestuff giant spiders or snakes without violating the no violence rule. I eliminated all entries with more than one character because I was unsure they were not morphs of commercial p4 characters. I nitpicked other entries that the backgrounds didn't match the textures of the character, blended photorealisim with characature, or had shadows facing the opposite direction as the character. It's still a tough call, so here goes; 3 - Chris Green 2 - Creations 1 - Cybia Ask me five minutes from now and I'll have three different choices:)

mindycen ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:24 AM

3-HaiGan 2- A 1-RNKarenER

m_daniel ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:01 AM

3=Creations 2=A_ 1=chris_green

antje ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:34 AM

Creations = 3 A_ = 2 HaiGan = 1

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 11:13 AM

chohole 3 points cybia 2 points jenai21 1 point

taerin ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 11:26 AM

3 = cybia 2 = RNKarenER 1 = Patricia

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 11:48 AM

EvoShandor 3 Hecate 2 Cybia 1 This was a hard contest to judge...I kept feeling that emotional response should be weighted more, but then it is a Poser challenge and the best technical use of the program seems like it should be the determining factor....!#!? So the only solution would have been to split myself and vote twice, which I was pretty sure would NOT be kosher ;)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:11 PM

3 - A_ 2 - Creations 1 - mlevans

DrummerDude ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:11 PM

PATRICIA-3 WOW, NOT MUCH THAT I CAN SAY JENAI21-2 LOVE THE COLORS, OUTFIT, AND USE OF PROPS, OVERALL GREAT STYLE EVOSHANDOR-1 LOVE THE PROPS, SKIN TEXTURE, AND POSE THIS WAS A TOUGH CALL EVERYONE DID VERY WELL WITH WHAT THEY HAD TO WORK WITH. HONORABLE MENTION TO CYBIA- GREAT LIGHTING

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:20 PM

Patricia - 3 Hecate - 2 Creations - 1 Great work everyone!

queri ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:36 PM

Incrediable entries, I finally went by difficulty in using what they chose as well as the aesthetic values. 22 beautiful renders here. Lots of inspiration. 3-Hecate 2-Chohole 1-Patricia Honorable Mention to A_ for an image I can't get out of my mind.

OneShot ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:46 PM

A_ 3 Las 61 2 HaiGan 1

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 2:46 PM

1pt - Creations 2pts - Patricia 3pts - Chohole

HaiGan ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:54 PM

3 - A_ (Powerful and thought-provoking, it portrays emotion without even showing the man's face. Good use of depth of field as well.)

2 - Creations (Because it struck a chord for me, given recent and current events. Another image that doesn't show the face either, although in this instance it turns the image into a symbol- I want to say archetype, but that's probably pretentious! Liked the lighting and use of colour.)

1 - chohole (I liked the gentle facial expression, the colour against sepia was a nice idea, and the explanation of the choice of subject was good.)

There are some images that are perhaps more technically polished, but those three were the ones that stuck with me most strongly. For others, perhaps some of the other concepts would 'talk' more loudly.

If honourable mentions are allowed, one for Patricia for the interesting composition.

Jenai21 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 4:27 PM

This is tough everyone did so well...I guess I am chosing mine based on aesthetics but I was blown away by some of the sentiments Patricia=3 Kurgen=2 Jenai21=1 and if honorable mentions are allowed then the image that most touch my heart was by las_61 because my grandma will always be my hero, friend, and inspiration.

Ailarchendil ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:46 PM

Patricia - 3 HaiGan - 2 A_ - 1

ilona ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:07 PM

MLevans - 3 RNKarenER - 2 HaiGan - 1

pisaacs ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:40 PM

cybia-3 guzman-2 evoshandor-1

JetM ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:44 PM

Kurgen - 3 Patricia - 2 Creations - 1

Krystal ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 8:57 PM

Kurgen 3. A piece I'd love to hang on my wall. Raptorweb 2. It takes courage to rework pictures. Guzman 1. Nice to see some of us still have a sense of humor.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:19 PM

A_: 3 ("I was born on the 4th of July, no one more loyal than I..." Very orginal composition.) Patricia: 2 ("The once and future King." Wonderful layout.) mlevans: 1 (I adore the idea of an "Indy Jones" environmentalist.)

platanum ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:41 PM

Patrica - 3 A_ - 2 RNKarenER - 1

chanson ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 11:06 PM

hecate - 3 Patricia - 2 Haigan - 1 Good job guys!

foleymjm ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 2:01 AM

EvoShander - 3
Hecate - 2
A_ - 3

A_ ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 5:24 AM

good luck to everyone! creations - 3 patricia - 2 haigan - 1 well done everybody!

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 8:45 AM

Chohole 3 HaiGan 2 Patricia 1

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 10:35 AM

Just a note: there's been some confusion about the 4 'figures' in the barge....The Three Queens are just the PoserStyle Medieval Dress with free hairs above and slightly behind them, and the 'body' is just a helmet from the free armor with ernyoka1's free SuperMorphSheet set at something like 'morgue' :) I was so proud of my little workaround that I babbled on about it in my first attempt to post my entry, then 'Rosity 'ate' the whole thing and I had to repost and retype it and was too exhausted to recompose my whole message...should have done a 'copy' before hitting the submit button, I know....sigh.

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 11:21 AM

Very clever work around for the "one commercial figure limit" Patricia :) Just a note: geralday has some free, low rez free figures that would also be perfect for extreme background figures. You should be proud of the image. It's a very nice composition.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 1:05 PM

Patricia 3 points, Just love that Arthurian stuff Hecate 2 points...Don Quixote is a great hero 1 point..had to toss a coin here and it came down for Creations, so that made Haigan as first reserve.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 4:35 PM

Chohole:3 The chief's the Don Quixote of North-America. I also had my first and only hole in one on a golf course that bears his name (188 yards and a heart attack!). Beautiful work. The likeness is quite impressive. Patricia:2 powerful myths inspire powerful images and musings. Hecate:1 good idea and well deserved. Merit aside, well, what can I say, Quixote lives here... :) Good work everybody......

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Nassir ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 12:30 PM

Patricia: 3 Jenai21: 2 Haigan: 1 Patricia because I like the composition very inventive, imaginative, and you can tell that time and effort was put into it. Jenai21 because the style and quality in her image stood out and the style was unique. Haigan because it mad me laugh and was again an unique use of props. I was lookimg more towards unique arrangement of props. Everyone I voted for I said, "I have those same free items and never thought to use it that way." Everyone was awesome though in this contest, can't wait for next month.

FirstBlueMoon ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 9:40 PM

3 - Patricia (totally friggin excellent!) 2 - chohole 1 - HaiGan Honorable Mention suggestions? A, cybia, and Creations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.