Tue, Oct 22, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New Honda

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:21 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

Check this out... TMG

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:25 PM

Yep I've seen that, it took 600+ takes to make it.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 9:33 PM

All I could think of while I watched it was, wonder how long it would take to model that and render it? LOL

Emberghost ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:20 PM

wow thats heaka kool...i didnt know how long it would take lol

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 3:12 AM

Cool.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 3:47 AM

T h a t i s a m a z i n g....!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 3:50 AM

So is anyone going to recreate that in bryce?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Sambucus ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 4:27 AM

Thats my credibility gone with the missus then. First time I saw this we were gobsmacked, but then I said ".. but its all done on a computer. You can`t make a tyre run uphill." Wifey nodded sadly, bowing to my superior knowledge of these things. Oh well. It must be so galling to the makers of this wonderful ad that people like me believed that. They should have a bloody great banner across the bottom saying SHOT IN REAL TIME. I know I would.

Sambucus ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 4:28 AM

But wouldn`t it have been easier on a computer?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 5:16 AM

Lol...

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Doublecrash ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 5:29 AM

INCREDIBLE!!! Yes, on a computer it would have been easier... but as much fun? Stefano

Dragonsbld ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 7:00 AM

the creepiest thing about watching that.. is i saw parts that i've made for the accord in there. at my job i make plasic parts for Honda.

raven ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 7:17 AM

Yep, they certainly build them different in America. I never built an Accord like that at Swindon! :)

Claymor ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 10:57 AM

riiight, you'll never convince me that wasn't CG...even with sworn testimony, expert witnesses, and Albert Einstein to explain tires rolling up hill. On the other hand if you tilted the builing just so...then tilted the camera back the other way...I could swear I saw the "educational version only" Maya stamp in the background there a couple times though...

croowe ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 1:18 PM

I can beleive about the tire rolling up hill. Beleive it or not there is a tourist attraction in Canada they call Magnetic Hill. You sit in your car in neutral at the bottum of the hill and your car rolls UP HILL !! Well not actually but I have been there and tried it out, its some type of illusion but I could swear sitting in the car I was rolling up hill. Very strange.

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 1:25 PM

I'm no engineer, but if you weight the top of the wheel (inside the tire) I would think you would get the effect shown. yes? no? Very cool animation.

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 1:29 PM

Arghhhhh! This advert has plagued my TV viewing for the past 2 weeks! And I'm positive that some of it is CG.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 2:39 PM

That's pretty slick... I don't remember seeing this commercial before. But then again, I usually don't watch TV as much as I used to. If it wasn't rendered, I wonder how many tries it took to get it to work. If it is rendered, it's still pretty cool.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Dash101 ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 8:30 AM

So.. yikes... Do we know for sure that some of that was Animation or real time film stock?? We do we know which it was??

Innovator ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 2:19 PM

it was not CG, HOWEVER, the tire part they cheated on and apparently did that in CG (so Ive heard). That part is the most unrealistic and would have been better to leave that part out if you ask me. ...hmmm, may challenge, recreate that in Bryce...now that would be fun :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.