Fri, Sep 20, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: My First Render - Proud to Serve

platanum ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:02 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 9:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_55517.jpg

Constructive critiscism is requested on my first render please. I had applied color to the material of the chains, belt and collar but the gold color did not render properly any suggestions? I created Poe Ni about 2 weeks ago when I first started using Poser and decided to post her tonight.

Thanks

Platanum

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:32 PM

Actually, she's pretty neat. Nice lighting. The textures need work though. THe chain looks like white plastic. So does the belt. Notice how the gold metal looks more like metal? The same kind of thing should be done for the chain, belt, and collar (although the collar would be neat in leather). If you're using P5, then check out the free materials for P5 here and at rDNA. There's some good leather and metal textures available. You might work a little on the chain pose too. It should drop fairly straight from where it curves over her breast. The body of Poe Ni looks powdered (no sheen at all). Look at how the sheen was done on the gloves and try it on her skin. A softer sheen than the gloves, but more than you have now will give her a much more human and breathing appearance. I like the tights with the toes sticking out. Most of us do postwork on the images after a render to add things like a little shadow when the skin texture of the toes meets the tights. It gives it a finer line, and makes it look sharper where they meet. For a first render, it's excellent. A little practice and pics like this will get the teenage boys going in the galleries (grin). Hope this helps.

platanum ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 9:05 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_55518.jpg

Thanks for the input. I have made modifications based on your advice. Thanks very much. Would anyone else care to comment? I hope that I am not wasting effort on a character that should have been left in first render pergatory ;) I have developed a story line for a character and I am thinking Poe Ni just might be the character. Thanks in advance.

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 11:55 AM

Looks way better now :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.