Fri, Sep 20, 2:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Amorphium and Carrara

smcquinn ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2000 at 3:05 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

file_128036.jpg

A few posts back there was a discussion on Amorphium. Here are two versions of what Amorphium can do to the same basic model, in this case a 3D Cafe file in the Max format, converted to OBJ with 3D Exploration. Amorphium also creates geometry from displacement maps, in effect a wrap around terrain. It certainly does not replace the VM but serves as a nice complement to it.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2000 at 9:31 AM

Ha - Cool stuff.... Im going to check on getting an Amorphium forum going here at Renderosity. I'll keep everyone updated. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

keithw ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2000 at 1:21 PM

I would like to see an Amorphium forum. I use Amorphium as a tool to modify meshes created in Carrara and vice versa. It has a lot of potential. Keith

Tuck3D ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2000 at 5:54 PM

Yes I agree that Amorphium is a powerful tool, I posted the little alien guy I whipped up the other day when I was bored. It really neat use like stated above is the wasy you inport models and let's say ding them up a bit, and erosion. Or that hard to get affect when a bump map just wont do it. And for the Bryce and Carrara users it has a similar UI with the "room" concept.

neilh1 ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 2:43 AM

What file format are you guys using to go between Amorphium and Carrara? Although I know Amorphium is supposed to import OBJ and 3DS, I can only get it to take DXF. I'm a newbie so be kind.

smcquinn ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2000 at 3:26 PM

I use OBJ but there is a bit of a routine involved. If Amorphium tells you it cannot open your OBJ export from Carrara, then process the file with UVMapper, selecting any map type and saving the OBJ with UVMapper. This will not change the geometry in any way. Now, the file should open in Amorphium. Check the "correct normals" box in the open dialog (not the reverse normals box, though), as sometimes the normals are messed up. Also, reversal of normals can happen when Carrara opens an OBJ exported from Amorphium. In that case, convert the imported mesh to Vertex Model form, and reverse the normals in the VM. A little awkward both ways, at first, but possible and worth the small extra effort.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.