Thu, Sep 19, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Inspiration anyone?

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 6:09 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:20 PM

Ever get to a point when you just can't seem to get inspired to do another render, or more specifically can't seem to get an idea into your head about what kind of picture to do? I mean, how many times can you render naked Vicki in a temple with a sword (no offence to the NVITWAS crowd ;), and every abstract you do seems remarkably similar to every other abstract you've ever done? How do you folks bust out of your Brycer's block? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a webboard somewhere with nothing but picture ideas free for the taking? These monthly challenges are a blast, don't get me wrong, I just wish they were more frequent. :)

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 6:18 PM

Oh yes I have a private entrance to the "Dead Zone". My List?
1.Music 2.Other artists, not always 3D. 3.Movies
Most of the time I'm hit with an epiphany from nowhere. Lastly, some of my best work comes from vague ideas and I drop a spot on the canvas and it takes on a life of its own. Hope it passes soon for you.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 6:32 PM

Thanx ICM. I'm with you on the epiphany thing. Some of the best pics I've done just sorta happened. I find that when I sit down and try to create a picture, it usually ends up flat and lifeless. But when I let the art create itself....

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 6:48 PM

Jaymonjay, I recently attended a Norwescon panel where they had 4 artists at easels. Three words were drawn from bag of words, then they had to try to make a picture out of them. They did quite well. I suggest this only to get you started doing something. Pick three random words from a dictionary or thesaurus and make them into a picture. Here is a set the artists's used: Santa Fe, vengeance and drunk. Lin

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 7:19 PM

Sheesh, and I have too many projects I want to do that I have some started but never finished. They range from 2 renders I'm working on now to an animation to finish, one I want to start and some modeling projects. My problem is I'll get started on something then get an idea about something to try and get sidetracked or even derailed. :)

nuski ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 7:39 PM

I think that this month's challenge can serve as a good example of how to stimulate an individuals creativity to produce new ideas. If you observe the variety of wonderful images which were created from the "thingy", it becomes apparent that it only takes one simple shape to mold an abundant variety of patterns, textures and objects (through analysis, experimentation and implementation) from within the imagination. With enough practice, new images will begin to flow freely from the imagination. No more "sticking points"! : )

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 8:38 PM

heck..get bored, let your mind wander, or sometimes just listen to other folks (once did a pic of a 'writer's block' just because someone asked). Look at what other folks do, and get that 'well if I did it, it would look like..then just do it'..there's as many methods as there are artists. Or, you can sometimes add or delete some mats, n' skies, which may give you new ideas. Heck, if I could only get onto the screen what I see in my head..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 9:13 PM

I have Aldaron's problem.... more ideas than time. I have to write a list of projects I want to try or they tend to get forgotten or run over by sidetracks.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

bknoh ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 9:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lvsonline.com

I have been in a few 'word" challenges and they are great fun. Did you know that Sylvia Lutes teaches a 6 week Bryce Lab at LVSOnline? She gives out a new theme each Friday-Saturday and you produce a WIP by Monday or Tuesday for the critique of the class. The finished image is usually done by Thursday. I have taken it twice and will sign up for #3, too. It is cheap 10-20.00 (depends if you are already a student there) and I get great inspiration. Diane

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 12:04 AM

Other 3D art (but not always 3D) Music (fairly loud & fast in my headphones) Movies (especially ones with 3D in them) Most of the time I look at high-end 3D art, which frustrates me lol, and makes me work harder with Bryce. Doing that is a type of inspiration for me. With a block I have to intentionally go in a direction I never usually take, do something that is not "me" at all graphically. That usually blows out the cobwebs for me. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 12:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.webshots.com/g/

I go to sites like webshots and browse through the images until something of interest pops into my head or attracts my attention, sometimes combining images and topics.

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 2:09 AM

Read. Look at photos. Look around. Yesterday, I saw a photo which I will try to convert to 3D. Lin, you were at Norwescon? Interesting. I think I know a couple of people from the area who were there.

-- erlik

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 2:20 AM

Quadruple Starbucks Espresso's. They inspire like nobody's business. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Dash101 ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 8:20 AM

Inspiration... hmm.. The universe is one great kindergarten for man. Everything that exists has brought with it its own peculiar lesson. The mountain teaches stability and grandeur; the ocean immensity and change. Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes--every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man. --Orison Swett Marden How about that? :)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 11:54 AM

When I hit a creative block, I just shut the machine down and go pick up a good book from my library (currently re-reading all the Pratchett Discworld series). Do a couple of DVDs. Talk with some of my friends and models about photowork. Generally I relax, a idea will come when it's ready for me.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 12:28 PM

Erlik, With a few hundred people there, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew a few. ;) Lin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.