Wed, Oct 2, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Link from "The Legend of Zelda" is back online in Free Stuff!!

MegaJar ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 2:19 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 6:55 AM

file_55802.jpg

But please, people, don't go overboard in downloading him all at once. My new hosting plan gives me 2 GB of data transfer per month, which is quite a lot; but based on the huge mass of downloads when he was uploaded originally, I'm afraid the 2 GB could be used up in a few days! So please go easy, ok? :-) Anyway, I've decided that as a little advertisement, I'll give a quick bio of each character as I upload them. And I may as well start with Link! So, without further ado... ----------------------------------------------------------- BIO: Link Born to a Hylian Knight and his wife, Link was orphaned as a baby by the Great War of Hyrule. His dying mother took refuge in the Lost Woods, and entrusted her infant son to the forest guardian, the Great Deku Tree. For ten years, Link was raised as one of the Kokiri, the children of the forest who never grow old; his best friend (and surrogate mother) was a girl named Saria. Link was still without a fairy partner, which all Kokiri receive at birth; but one day, a fairy named Navi came to him, and his life changed forever. Navi took Link to the Great Deku Tree, who asked his aid in ridding the Tree of a curse; but Link's efforts were in vain. In his dying breaths, the Deku Tree told Link of the mythical Triforce, warned him of the evil which sought its power, and entrusted him with the first of three Spiritual Stones. Soon after, Link left the forest and began his legendary journey. He first travelled to Hyrule Castle, where he met the young Princess Zelda. She told him of the evil King of Thieves, Ganondorf. She then directed him to gather the rest of the three Stones, which together formed a key to the Sacred Realm of the Triforce. Link eventually did collect all three stones, and opened the Door of Time which sealed the Sacred Realm. Inside, he discovered the legendary Master Sword, and pulled it from its pedestal, opening the gate to the Sacred Realm. By claiming the Sword, Link was marked as the Hero of Time, the destined champion of justice; however, he was still too young to be the Hero, and was sealed away for seven years, until he came of age. During that time, the evil Ganondorf stepped through the now-open gate and claimed the Triforce for his own. He used it to conquer Hyrule, and turn it into a land of darkness. Seven years later, Link awoke from his enchanted sleep. Now an adult, he set off to right the wrongs that had been inflicted on his land, by awakening the Seven Sages. After many long adventures, he succeeded in awakening six of them; the seventh, Princess Zelda, then came out of hiding and revealed herself to Link -- and was promptly captured by Ganondorf. To rescue her, Link stormed Ganondorf's castle, breaking the seals on the inner keep; and at the top, at last confronted his great enemy. After two fierce battles -- one with the human Ganondorf, the other with his monstrous, pig-like form, Ganon -- Link at last sealed away the evil, and restored peace to Hyrule. The Hero of Time had fulfilled his destiny, and taken his rightful place among legends. ----------------------------------------------------------- Well, what do you think? Was it too long? If so, I can always shorten the next one.

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 1:09 PM

Glad to see you found a host for Link. I love Link! Ever since my first LOZ game I ever played - "Link's Awakening". I got hooked on him with my son while playing Ocarina of Time as well. Can't wait for you to release Zelda! Are you going to do Impa and Ganondorf as well? BTW, liked the bio too!

MegaJar ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 1:16 PM

Thanx for the compliments! :-) Yes, after Zelda, the next project will be Ganondorf. After him, I'll have finished the three most important characters in the story, so I'm not sure who I'll do next. Perhaps Saria, or one of the other Sages. Hell, maybe I'll even take a poll to see what character everyone wants to see next! :-)

Phate_ ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 2:17 PM

How bout some enemies

MegaJar ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2003 at 2:20 PM

Well, Ganondorf is the main bad guy. Do you mean more minor enemies, like monsters and such?

Phate_ ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 5:57 AM

yeah like them deku shrubs or something

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.