Fri, Sep 20, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: something from rustboy

Eagle2358 ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2003 at 6:58 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 7:16 PM

file_56194.JPG

Is stuff like this possible in Carrara!?

dothrom ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2003 at 9:04 PM

i dont' know. i suppose you could do something like that. it would take a lot of texture mapping. and some realy cool lighting. -dthrm

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2003 at 11:10 PM

You could do this in Carrara. It would take some work but it's very possible. -Kix

-Kix

JayPeG ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:44 AM

The image you posted is from "Rustboy".

The tools used to create "Rustboy" are Infini-D/Carrara. (I guess you didn't read the "Rustboy" site to carefully or look at the back of the Carrara 2 box at all).

So, is it possible to do stuff like the image you posted in Carrara? Well, yes. That image was created with Infini-D/Carrara.

However, Infini-D/Carrara are simply the tools. That image is really the result of Brian Taylor's talent. So the real question is not if Carrara can do it but if you can do it with Carrara. If you have talent similar to Brian Taylor's than perhaps you can.

Graviton ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:21 AM

file_56195.JPG

Is stuff like this possible with oils?

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

WeaBeast ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 11:14 AM

Hey Jaypeg, You are a dolt. Did dothrom ever claimed that he was the person who created that image. No, he simply asked a question about the range of Carrara and you took the opportunity to stomp on his pecker. This forum is to help people who have questions, not to belittle them. So Mr. know it all, if you can't help dithrom keep your opinions to yourself! And Jay, as we can see from your gallery, you too, are no Brian Taylor.

JayPeG ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:17 PM

Hey WeaBeast.

You are a first class moron. I suggest you learn to read.

Firsrt of all Dothrom didn't ask the question. Eagle did. Did Eagle claim he was the person who created the image? No, he didn't. And I never accused him of doing so.

He posted that it was from Rustboy which would lead me to believe that he had in fact already visited the Rustboy site because that's where the image came from in the first place.

As I said, if he took the time to actually read any of the Rustboy site he would have already known that the image was created using Infini-D/Carrara and wouldn't have had to ask the question to begin with.

Yes, he simply asked a question about the range of Carrara and I gave the most informative answer of the bunch. I not only told him that it was possible to do but that the image was indeed created with the very tool he asked about. I told him it could definitly be done.

What you read as a me belittling him was nothing more than a caveat. (you better clear up those "daddy doesn't love me" issuses you have) Many people post questions like that, buy Carrara and are then dissapointed when the software doesn't "do it for them". Like they expect to open the box and make something like that on the first try.

One of Brian Talyor's main points in doing Rustboy is to turn out a "high level" project with inexpensive, off the shelf software. It's his talent that makes the project what it is, not the software.

I never said that Eagle "wasn't Brian Taylor". Point is, maybe Eagle can put out that level of work and maybe he can't. I don't know I've never seen anything he's done before. I was just saying that if he thinks he's up to the task than with Carrara it can be done. (it really doesn't matter to me if he can or can't)

Graviton's point is both funny and accurate. It's not so much about the tool as the artist using it. Can stuff like the Mona Lisa be created with oils? Sure. Can you paint like DaVincci? If so, yes.

Can stuff like Rustboy be made with Carrara? Sure can but do you have the talent and vision that Brian Talylor has? If not, don't be dissapointed when it doesn't look the same as his.

Finally. I never claimed to be Brian Taylor myself. (don't know where you got that from either) Maybe I am and maybe I'm not but you don't know because you've never seen anything I've done. As I've mentioned in other posts, my gallery is empty because I'm not interested in the opinions of people here on my work. I know it's good.

I have however seen you're gallery and can say with 100% accuracy that you are defintely not Brian taylor. Not even close. And let's face it, you probably didn't even know Brian Taylor's name until you read it here.

WeaBeast ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:50 PM

Again J-off you assumed again, and I would expect you will never learn with you condescending attitude. Find the box you crawled out of and go back in. I got graviton's point, your's was and still is degrading (just read your reply). Do you think you possibly give a reply without contempt? I doubt it. And as for the comparison, I assumed you were the art critic/god by your reply, again I assumed wrong. You are a little person on a very large soap box. Watch it you might fall off.

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 5:46 PM

Let's try to get back to helpful stuff here everybody. As Spike has stated rather recently, PLAY NICE! -Kix

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.