Sat, Sep 21, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: making clothes

vampdog ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 6:56 PM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 3:03 AM

Hi, I seem to have a big problem finding the clothes I want for Mike and thought I'd try making my own. Can anyone advise me on what you need to do that?? I have no idea where to even begin!!! Thanks

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 8:27 PM

Yep. You sound like me, which is why you'll find my Mike cloths in freestuff. First, look here for tutorials. There are some good ones. PhilC has a great one for sale at his site, a good step by step methodology on a CD. Second, get a free modeling program. Don't buy one until you know it's what you want and can do. I use the free version of Amapi 4.5. Check the banner on the Ampai forum page for the link. There's also Anim8or and Wingz. Both are pretty good. There's a really great Amapi tutorial here called "Finger Exercises", and Thip has a very good one on how to make a jacket for Mike in Amapi. Thip also has a free jacket model for Mike available at PoserStyle in freestuff there. Both are in the Ampai Forum Archeives. If you really like modeling, you can save for one of the other programs. They can cost quite a bit sometimes. It's really a 3 step process: 1) Model the clothing (Amapi, WingZ, Rhino if you're rich) 2) Assign groups (rThigh, lForeArm, etc - use UV Mapper for this) 3) Bone the clothing (Poser Pro or Poser 5 setup room works best) Don't get too frustrated. 3D modeling is different from other types of programs. If you take it slow and easy, you'll do fine. Good luck! If you've got a question while you're working, you can post it in the modeling forum.

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 9:22 PM

Question..on#2(assigning groups) Can you use UV Mapper classic(free version),or do you need,the Pro? I got Amapi6.1 from EBay for $45.00,and I got to start makeing more than boxes with it. SWAMP

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 9:39 PM

Yikes! I'm heading to EBay! UV Mapper Classic is a good start, but Pro is well worth the $50. Start with Classic, then you'll upgrade later. I just did today, and I love it. $45!!!!!!! Whew!

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 10:30 PM

Well my friend (who lives on EBay),said he sees it all the time for $60.00,but came across this and grabed it for me. I tried the 4.5 free version,but it crashed on me all the time.I got the 5.15 from the cover disk of Diget magazine a month back...better,but still shaky.This 6.1 feels like a different program...soild,no crashes,and it uses the obj format. Thanks for the info on UV Mapper SWAMP

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 10:46 PM

I looked over at EBay, only V5. I'll have to start checking. Thank you for the lead!

Burnart ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 6:56 AM

Wings 3D is a very cool free program also. There is a forum for it here at renderosity so check that out to find the links. If money is a bit tight just stick with UVMapper - it does fine.

vampdog ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 1:56 PM

Thanks! I will start looking into it! Appreciate all the advise!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.