Mon, Oct 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Scull Caps?????????

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 10:38 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

What are they used for???? (Like the ones in PhilC's free stuff.)

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 10:52 AM

They are for use in Poser 5 for growing hair off. Remember as kids we used to grow mustard and cress on those plastic heads and it looked like green hair? This is much the same principle but with fewer vitamins :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 11:47 AM

Isn't a use for them also,to hide skin from showing from the scalp?I've purchased hair that has a scull cap included,(like DarkWhisper,and Nicole Hair). I have gotten alot of skin showing on the SanFransico hair,which didn't come with a scull cap,and cured that by useing two hair props on one head(shifting one on the Z axis slightly). SWAMP

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 11:59 AM

Damn PhilC "mustard" & "cress" goes back aways :-) Swamp's comment was more like what I thought. I know I've seen scull caps for ProPack to. Hmmmmmmm

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 1:21 PM

Boy Phil! I thought you were my age. All we had to grow mustard and cress on was a piece of old flannel. Now I DO feel old... Skull caps are optional. They help hide skin, provide a base to frow P5 hair, and/or can be used as a textured hair all by themselves (see Pjaj's great low cut hair). It's all good.

Lawndart ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 3:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

One more thing to add. When you use a skull cap, you can save the cap and the hair to the library. This is important because a lot of the settings of the hair are saved with the skull cap. If you create hair in the head of the character, change attributes like length, clumpiness, kink strength etc.. Then save the piece of hair to the library, you lose those settings when you apply the saved hair to a figure. The skull cap maintains those settings when you use the hair from the library. My mantra: "Skull caps good" All the best, Joe www.3-AXIS.com

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:10 AM

now to see a skull cap that actually doesn't have a receding hair line!

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 11:53 AM

sort of like chia pets :) only with or to be styled

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 12:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Chia caps. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.