Fri, Sep 20, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My inside scoop on Carrara AHH!!!(Say It ain't so Captain)

BigSerge ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 3:28 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:26 AM

For Carrara user, yesterday I took the liberty of emailing metacreations through there web site on there link contact us with any comments you have. after reading there last press release on how metacreations Is looking to become an e-commerce company, so they would have to do away with there software that does not pertain to e-commerce i.e.(Cannoma, Carrara, Bryce etc...). Well I did send them a comment stating that If anyone from Metacreations was thinking the way I do they would keep there products such as bryce and Carrara (mainly Carrara) and come up with a plug-in as pulse3D did for 3D Studio Max (www2.discreet.com) that would allow you generate motion 3D scene/characters over the world wide web, I ended my message by stating this Is just an opinion from a current owner of metacreations (could be) real powerful Software. This Is the response I got today from Arachnid at metacreations: I think that they sould have kept going with the development of carrara, but ALL THE ENGINEERS left months ago... The specs for Carrara 2.0 were awsome, It would have blown 3D Studio Max out of the water...oh well I only have a week to go then I'm out of here also. There you have It folks WHAT IS TO BECOME OF CARRARA?? I think all end user need to take some knid of a stance, or else we have no hope Ladies and Gents until we here from a press release from the big Dogs themselves. And that may be a while

BigSerge ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 4:07 PM

Yes you are correct, but the press realease dated 5/5/2000 stated Adobe purchased Canoma and Liscenced Carrara (what does that mean??) I have no freaking clue except that I am getting pretty pissed off and anoid with all the bugs the Darn thing has, after spending $350 on something, one would definately be (That's more then a Sony PS2!), and as of have no clue If you've invested in a piece crap or something with tremendous future potential.

Tuck3D ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 5:47 PM

I say class action suit!!! F#@$% Metacreations they are quickly headed down the drain. Can't you hear the flushing sound. Or better yet get every Carrara user to demand a refund!!!

lokidemonster ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 7:34 PM

there going to sell Carrara of some time if they have not already. The question now is who wants to own a piece of the future. Can anyone tell me just how many Carrara users there are out there is wonder land? this is important.

Shroud ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 10:05 PM

Look, I am tired of Carrara's bugs myself, luckly, I was a lightwave and 3D studio max owner before Carrara. Like I said before and as many others can see. Carrara has Great Potential but without support, it is dead in the water. Metacreations should go to a third party to fix these problems if there are no engineers. Who knows what Adobe is going to do with it. They may not even support current end users or may go a different route all together. This is definitely the last time I purchase anything less that the elite. It is reasons like this why I pride myself on the use of Lightwave, TONS of 1st $ 3rd PARTY SUPPORT

Shroud ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 10:38 PM

I see where you are coming from, but any user whom has really dug in and worked with Carrara knows that it cannot do all of the things advertised on the package and webpage. Bad functionallity of course, is not a crime but the part of the terms of sale were made on thier website. That is what sold thier product and it cannot do all of the things that they say it can do so false advertisement in itself is a pretense for Class action. Well that is my say. Like I said. This is the last time I buy a producted of lesser that Lightwave standard and notariety.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 11:10 PM

Don't piss this BigSerge guy off or he will reveal your "real Name" (the one you registered under)on line. I learned it big time.

BigSerge ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 2:02 AM

Sorry about that Spanfarkle, I am still new to this forum, I felt we were like family here, did not know we had a code of ethics on names. Heck I got nothing to hide and nothing to loose, My real name is Serge, my nickname Is bigserge. If I affended you by doing so I apologize. Well I guest this marks the end of the bitch session, I see you guys have releaved a bit of stress by venting of, that's always a plus. Anyway we shall continue head strong with this Carrara/RDS forum party, post our Images and hopefully someone from the big "head huncho's" out there will realize that some of us just will not give up on our investment, and maybe just maybe crank it up a up a notch or 2 to continue some further support for Carrara sometime soon. Love, Peace, and Chiken Grease!!

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 7:01 AM

Serge, There are a lot of people who like to be nameless on the net and thats understandable. There really isnt a "Code of Ethics" here about that. I reveal my true name because I dont mind if people know who I am..same with you and a few others. Usually I try to respond to members with the name they give in their message strings. No major damage done... I feel very connected with many of you here in the forum just by posting message back and forth. We have a fine community. Looks like Span removed his post. I removed your reply with his name in it just out of respect for Spans privacy. Just to let any thats interested - I have had many E-Mail conversations with Serge and a few voice calls with him. He's a good guy. ;) As well as Span! ;) Have a great day everyone! Best Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 9:51 AM

Thanks!

Shroud ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 11:44 AM

I really like you Clint. I may not know you personally but you seem like a great guy man.

lokidemonster ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 9:13 PM

ok! kids this is where the fun begins. I'am getting tied of hearing all the grips. Please someone post a happy pictue for us to laugh at and lighten up the mode.

Shroud ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 10:12 PM

Well I just got my e-mail from Metacreations web master and here it is copied and pasted "I will be honest, there is no one left @ meta to support carrara or canoma, and until (read if) Adobe takes over the products, yes the customers will be left out in the cold." That's right folks this is the real deal in support of what bigserge stated. NO SUPPORT UNTIL(IF) ADOBE TAKES OVER!

Rigomrtsfx ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 1:55 AM

i just got carrara i will not stand for this action we need action.......what if we would send everything and ask for MONEY back !!!!!!!!!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.