Thu, Sep 19, 9:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: MAT pose Poser5

jquest ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 7:04 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 4:04 AM

Help! How do you make a MAT pose (i.e. all colors, bumps, and textures) for a figure. I have colored the DAZ baby dragon with various simple colors and a basic bump map. Now I want to save it as all-in-one MAT so it can be used again. I have not been able to figure it out. Any help with be most appreciated. Thanks Jquest

Jaager ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 8:08 PM

Poser 5 will save a MATpose, but only as a *.mt5 - in the material library and that is one material per file - which is not what you want. What you do is save the figure to the character library with your texturing. Then either a utility program or a text editor -such as EditPad- is used to extract the texture information and generate a *.pz2 using it. P5 is a bit tricky because I am not sure how many utilities that do MATposes can deal with the more complicated entries. With EditPad, that is not a problem.

ChristianB ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cocs.com/poser/marketplace.htm#MATPoseCreator

John Hoagland Mat Poser Creator 4.0 is pretty good for creating matt poses... John includes tutorials on his web site. The program is only $18.00 on his site _ I think he also sells it in the different Poser communities, maybe even here.

In addition there is a free Mat pose creator called Mat Pose Edit (I think 2.0). I think you can find this in the free stuff here. My recomendation - especially for Poser 5 is using the Mat Pose creator 4.0 from cocs.com/poser/

I hope this helps,
Christian :)
PoserInstructionalvideos.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.