Tue, Oct 22, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Make eyes 'look' at the camera

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:58 AM

Is there a way to make the eyes 'point' at the camera, so that if the camera is moved, the eyes will still be looking at the camera? I already know in some instances, that will not work L and also that it may not work in general, because even tho one may place identical settings on the eyes for up/down & side/side (left/right) that the eyes get googly & uneven lookin, so that each eye needs its own settings. BUT, I still have my q & I hope someone has the answer :)))

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:07 PM

bloodsong has a download called "Visual Target" that will help at http://www.3dmenagerie.com/ on the Goodies!/3D/Poser page.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:11 PM

select an eye one at a time and go up to 'object' and select 'point at' and select main camera or which ever camera u are using.. simple as that!!

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:32 PM

The "point at" doesn't always work too well with the camera. I've been experimenting with this, and I found that loading a low poly object (I used the Poser Box prop) and making it invisible is better, because you can move it independently of the camera. Select each eye to point at the box, then move it behind the camera, or make it invisible. Behind is usually better, because otherwise, the eyes will parallax, giving a cross eyed effect on close up shots.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:53 PM

I find the way SamTherapy said is the best way, you can parent the prop to something and the eyes will follow, say a bouncing ball across the room.

Replicant ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:53 PM

Thats the same technique that I use Sam. Moving the dummy object waaay behind the camera is great for those 'Gazing off into the distance' looks. Slightly in front of the cam gives you an intense stare effect.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 3:02 PM

The method SamTherapy suggested works best. I'll often include an "EyeTarget" box prop, parented to the figure's head, with the eyes' Point-At already on, when saving a figure to the library, so that its all ready to go whenever I reload the figure.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 3:59 PM

Excellent - thank you all! :)

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 8:03 PM

If you put the low poly object behind the camera, and parent it to camera, you'll get a nice effect and the eyes will move as the camera moves.

lmacken ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 4:43 PM

If you 'point at' the auxilary Camera as your target, it makes it easy to compare the position with the Main Camera.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.