Thu, Oct 24, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 23 10:28 pm)

Subject: wip, could use some advice

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:23 AM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 3:26 AM

file_56790.jpg

Working on some effects. Whadda ya think?

Coleman ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 2:43 AM

Neat effect. Looks like a stamp plate.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 4:05 AM

Very interesting effect for sure :o) I really like the swirls used as a frame. Only thing is I don't think the magic sparks are as clear/visible/embossed as the rest. They look painted on.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 4:13 AM

I agrre with ernyoka on the sparks, but the rest is impressive, Is that using poser sketch thingy, or did you do it in a paint proggie?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

khharribob ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 11:00 AM

WOW, thats quite..very eye catching indeed.

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 11:18 AM

If you give a nice brown tone and add a wood grain, you'd have a neat wood-cut. Cool... mac

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 12:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philipp-spoeth.de/

file_56791.jpg

The squiggly lines are a PS filter called SineDots... free at this site. Ok, I tried a coarser look and some color to see if the sparkles came out better. I was thinking of having the image in an old book so maybe the woodcut or brown tone would be better, but here's another shot just for fun.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 1:13 PM

I like the browntone better - the contrasts are more visible that way. Looks neat!

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 1:36 PM

I think I prefer the original one. Its just got something!

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 4:21 PM

It looks like a magnified postage stamp :o) VERY NICE!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 7:07 PM

The first image could be embossed pewter, such as on a box or goblet. It is my favorite of the two. The sparks are a detraction: they simply don't work in either image. They are nice magical effects, but not in this image and use. A physical prop (something with depth and weight) would be more effective. Do you have the Solares queen of the Amazones figure by Sharkey? Her staff with the twisted rod and fancy top is the sort of item you need to carry this treatment. The twists in the rod will echo the framing, too. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.