Sun, Sep 22, 3:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Ok guys..pull this image to pieces for me please

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 12:36 AM Ā· edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:54 AM

file_57150.jpg

Put together fairly quickly, this is a pure bryce render and I was happy with the atmospheric effects I managed. But the rest needs help, any suggestions?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Innovator ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 12:40 AM

sorry, but the atmosphere really gets to me. Well, see what everyone else thinks but I cant make out any details. Its too hazy and green and the ambience settings appear to be high. Other than that, I think its a good start

Roch222 ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 12:43 AM

well, what is the couple loooking at - somthing in the sky or the trees? some color or cloud formations might give some depth, looks a bit 2D, otherwise, its a very interesting project so far, ya might want to make the wheel barrel smaller, or maybe some depth will fix that. very nice, roch222

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 1:07 AM

I have to say it's pretty good, the detail is there for sure, I don't understand why you need so much yellow-green light in the whole thing. the atmosphere detracts from the scene incredibly. it's too washed out with light.

vasquez ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 1:39 AM

i agree with them, too much green haze

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:50 AM

yep, a llitle too hazey - or too bright one or the other. the flowers on the right seem to be in the wrong place somehow. maybe closer or more to the left? other than that Great!

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:26 AM

Way bright and the green puts me off, however if that is what you were going for, you got it right, but there is a little too much haze...just my 2cents

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Doublecrash ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:38 AM

I have to agree with the others, the atmosphere IMO is way too heavy. You're losing lots of details, like this, and it's a pity because I like the composition.

TRIPD ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 5:05 AM

I have to agree seeing this washed in all of that green just makes my head hurt. I think with the green turned down so we could see the details in the scene would allow this to be a memorable scene. TRIP

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 6:38 AM

file_57151.jpg

I have toned down the haze, and some of the ambience, and while I was at it I moved things around a bit. What I am trying for is early morning in spring in our part of England, which is low lying and lots of natural water bodies, so quite misty as the sun comes up. I wanted a feel of pastels to it.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 6:56 AM

back your camera out until you can see all of the couple and perhaps a little space to the left of them (make minor any adjusments to angle to compensate for increased distance you feel are necessary)and I think you've got it!

Innovator ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 7:33 AM

sorry chohole, but the haze still gets me. It just looks unnatural to me and I would like to see the couple like bikermouse mentioned. I think the camera angle of the first one is better...think you got a good pic going though

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 7:46 AM

Sorry chohole I got to agree with the rest, I've never seen a haze that color in real life and I think there is still too much of it. There should also be more of the couple in the image, it feels like they aren't really a part of the picture at the moment. Apart from that the composition is good and I'm sure that when you're done it will be wonderful like all your other pieces. Catlin

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 7:51 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry, but way too much green......nice scene though...

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 9:38 AM

chohole, personally I like the green, I think a lot of people just don't like the color green (don't ask me why) - Maybe try a different haze color; or if you could perfect a localized effect say a series of spheres with a hazey look to them you could control where the haze shows up.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 9:57 AM

file_57152.jpg

Gone back to a conventional mist colour. Only a quick render this time. Will do it better and postwork it a wee bit.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:14 AM

chohloe, This is much cooler(hot/cold) easier to look at than the second image, and your eyes don't want to go out of focus like they do on the first one. Yes I like this much better! - TJ

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:31 AM

the first ones made me think of a photo that has faded BADLY! I would still play with the depth of the haze. This is acting much more like a fog i.e. too uniform. The immediate forground should not be so washed. Tweak the height slider a little and plop monitor until it looks almost normal.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

lsstrout ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:55 AM

Good luck getting the haze you want. Perhaps a tinge of pink to indicate sunrise? Wanted to compliment you on the poses of the animals and people, they look very natural. Lin

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 1:38 PM

nice 'starlight scope' effect..I was missing some of the other colors, maybe I'm just leaning towards a balance of them, but that's only one opinion.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:13 PM

file_57153.jpg

chohole, I think I figured out a texture you could use to simulate haze as a terrain, sphere lattice or something as per the above pict. (center left - it's a sphere in case anyone has trouble making it out at first.)

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:16 PM

file_57154.jpg

And here's the material. Feel free to use it however you want. Don't blame me for anything it does or doesn't do however.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:06 PM

Do you have Gamma Correction turned on by any chance? If so, turn it off and do a test render without saving over your favorite version. It still looks a tiny bit washed out to me, but if that's what you're after, don't change it. You are the best judge of what you want. The last render is much improved. (In the first one, I thought the cat was a penguin, LOL.)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 8:22 PM

The first couple made me think I was in a cloud of chlorine gas. Can't breathe! GASP! LOL... After that it was getting better, but atmospheric effects still seem a bit off. Perhaps the atmosphere with distance settings might be more appropriate to achieve your goal. But that's just my opinion.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:41 PM

Methinks your monitor is damaged, or old? This image has great details/layout, but the render is just destroyed by the massive brightness! My retinas hurt, it's making my skin melt! It seems like we're seeing the people through a cloud of toxic gas or something. Try turning Gamma Correction OFF, if you are using it. Otherwise, try Colorific for windows to help balance out your monitor's gamma/brightness. Or perhaps lay of the RGB settings in the Sky Lab? You want your blacks to actually BE black, and your whites to be white. I know you're going for a certain atmosphere, but turning the ambience up this high washes out the details, and the materials, massively...

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:00 AM

Thanks everybody for all your helpful comments. I have given up on this image for the time being, think I am trying to hard.I have put the latest version in my gallery. Thanks TJ for the mat settings. It helped.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:13 AM

chohole, Really? I'm glad but I tried them on a new image and they didn't work. A lot has to do with the light/sun/sky settings? Let me know if you have further sucess with those mat settings. I'd like to figure out why they looked good on the first render and not so good later on. - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.