Thu, Sep 19, 11:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Feed your dreams Clint

Stacey ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 5:58 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

Clint ,since it dosn't seem as if to many people have done anything for Feed Your Dreams, Why not extended it through June and re explain it for those of us that missed it the first time.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 6:09 PM

Well, It was suggested that I throw out a topic for an image. We thought it would be cool to see what the members came up with from the topic only. I figured we would get a lot of interesting and differant interpritations of the topic. Thats a pretty cool idea to extend it a bit. Ok - We will let it roll through June. Post the images when you can throughout June. Make the subject line Feed my Dreams so I can locate the images easy in the forum archives. What I can then do is gather up all the images at the end of June and put them on a web page so everyone can view them all... Hows that sound gang? Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

aeryk71 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 6:14 PM

Hooray!!! I can continue to beta Diablo 2, and still have some time to work on my image! :-) Thanks Clint and Stacey Aeryk71

bitdaf ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 8:13 PM

Sounds good! So...was "Feed my Dreams" the actual topic that we base our images on? Daf

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 9:28 PM

Yea...Sleep on it...toss it around in your head... See what kind of interesting image you can come up with to go with "Feed My Dreams" as the image title. Have fun....Hell, I might even do one. I have a race this weekend. Maybe I could work in some time next week.. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 9:38 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you... Mark

bitdaf ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2000 at 10:44 PM

Hey, Clint- what kind of racing do you do? I am a racer as well! I race a 250yz Yamaha in a motocross series down here and then I trade that bike for a Trek and do some mountain bike racing. My weekends are generally pretty busy in the summer...know what I mean!? Daf

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 6:50 AM

daf - I currently race 1/10th scale Remote control cars. Please no laughing.. ;) Its pretty intense stuff. My car has a 2 speed trans in it and will hit 50-55 mph. Not a toy by any means. I race Touring cars on a road course.. Its a blast. We have x amount of races during the season and keep track point standing etc..just like da big guys. ;) I wanted to race bikes for years. I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 7 or so. I also would like to race big cars but I dont have enough money for that so I had to scale down..hehe.. ;) Here is a pick of my car. Nitro.jpg Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

bitdaf ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 8:47 AM

Not laughing! I love that stuff! I used to go everyday after school and race slot cars for money in LA. Plus...I bet you haven't broken almost every bone in your body at one time or another! LOL. Or left more skin in the woods than on your shins. ;^) Good luck this weekend! Daf

aeryk71 ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 9:55 AM

That is one sweet looking car! Good Luck this weekend Clint!

BigSerge ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 11:29 AM

Gentleman let your engines ROAR!!! and good luck on your Races this weekend and througout the summer. And Daf, you've got some Bit$#%ng Wheels. Clint I shall give the feed your dreams Image a shot.

headgamer ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2000 at 11:48 AM

Hmmmm... I guess I'll go with the extended date. I was by no means totally happy with mine, but I was getting tired of it. But I can't let mine stand the way it is if others are gona continue (or in some cases begin) to work on theirs... 8^) I could tweak the table setting, but I am having a major block on what to do with the background.... Ugh... back to the drawing board... HG...

mvernon ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2000 at 5:35 PM

Clint, I have been involved in several ray tracing compitions over the years. In most cases, we found that once a month was TOO little time to do anything. More than 2 months, people lost interest. Therefore, 2 months turned out to be the perfect solution. One of the ones I still keep track of announces a new topic each month and you have 2 months to complete it. That way if you don't like the topic, you don't have to wait 2 months for the next, another will be along next month. I am looking forward to participating in this (as soon as I get a little better at Carrara.) Great idea though! Vern

bitdaf ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2000 at 5:40 PM

Do you have any urls for those competitions, Vern? I'd be interested in trying that. Thanks Daf

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2000 at 6:03 PM

Thanks for the info Vern. I like the every two months... Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

mvernon ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2000 at 7:01 PM

Here is one I still follow and submit to when I have time: www.irtc.org (Internet Ray Tracing Compitition) Here is what they say about entry: The Internet Ray Tracing Competition is an open competition. Deadline for still image submission is every two months; for animations, every three months. Participants may use any 3D rendering program. They have a panel of judges and select 1st, 2nd & 3rd place as well as Honorable Mentions for: Artistic Merit Technical Merit Concept/Theme I won one of the early compitions and got my work and code for it (done in POVRAY then) on thier first CD. Each year they take the winners and Honorable mentions and create a CD that they sale to help sponsor the web site. It's pretty cool.

bitdaf ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2000 at 7:04 PM

Thanks! Daf

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.