Fri, Sep 20, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Skin Texture Question and Feedback Pls

crimsonia ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:35 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:34 AM

file_57400.jpg

Does this skin texture look realistic? Im not done yet but does it look too bumpy? What do you guys think?

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 12:47 AM

file_57401.jpg

is this getting better?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:07 AM

the nose still looks a little like plaster to me. And the neck, but I guess that's not finished yet? :o) The tone is a tad too yellow to my likings, but I guess some people HAVE that skin tone, so don't let that stop you :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:30 AM

file_57402.jpg

better skin tone?

queri ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 2:02 AM

Much better skintone-- the lighting is interfering, I think, with getting a fair view. Do you have a global white? And could you please up the focal length to 80? I like the amount of bump showing in the bottom pict. But I like bump. Other than that, under her eyes looks very smooth and not very realistic. Over all she looks idealised and not specific. Which is a choice. Nice lip bump and different than normal, I would blur a bit around the edges of the lipstick to get rid of the crisp line. The front of the eyebrow is quite good, but it starts to look to uniform around the middle. The hairs of the eyebrow go towards the hairline, the side that is. I think eyebrows are particularly hard to get right. Emily

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 2:29 AM

what kind of light do you suggest using while developing textures? Someone suggested a white global one....I have teh standard default poser 4 lights.....any recommendations?

Staale ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:09 AM

I use 3 white lights, spread around the model, youll have to move the lights around a lot when you make textures to see how it looks in different lighting conditions. Realism is flaws and features, but you shouldnt add those before you have a basic seam fixed skin finished.

Staale ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.who.int/multimedia/

Finally i found the link. The best place for face detailing images I have found on the net is the WHO mediacentre: http://www.who.int/multimedia/ It has high rez images of faces from all over the world.

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 7:06 AM

file_57404.jpg

new approach.....looking better?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 10:08 AM

Actually yes. It's too red right now but the details are very nice :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:18 AM

It would help the eyebrows to look more natural if they weren't all pointing upward. Most grow toward the side of the face and just slightly up. It also looks like you're still getting distortion from a fish-eye setting on your camera's focal length. Try a setting of at least 80 for close-up detail work like you're doing. It will make a huge difference! This newer texture you're using is a big improvement, once you get that rosaecia cured! :)

queri ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 2:50 PM

This looks much more realistic. In case you do not know where to adjust the focal length, go to the menus under your display window. Find the camera you are using under the second menu, that will select it and bring iup its dials-- the first dial is for focal length, set it to 80. Then we can tell what is going on. Emily

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:05 PM

lol I know its red but hey my skin looks like that! =P

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:10 PM

file_57405.jpg

ok I set the focal to 80.....here is the new rendering

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 5:00 PM

file_57406.jpg

here is a closeup of the skin texture thus far.... my favorite part is the realism of the edge of the eyelid =)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 5:05 PM

Yeah this looks really great! can't wait to see the progress :o)

queri ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:11 PM

Yes, now I can judge what the undereyes look like-- very very good.I like the eyes, but it looks like the eyeballs have a bump on them-- makes them look dry as sand. you could desaturate the pink a bit in the lacrimals, or darken the edges towards dirty red. Em

crimsonia ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:18 PM

file_57407.jpg

finished the lips =)

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:02 PM

file_57409.jpg

here is my progress.......I think its coming along nicely....but then again I am biased...lol =)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:10 PM

Even so, it looks really really nice. Looks smooth yet with detail :o)

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:15 PM

file_57410.jpg

it looks smoother from a distance....if you zoom in you can see even more detail =)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:21 PM

Yes, and very nice detail too. When I said it looked smooth it was also meant as a compliment :o) Some textures has way too large pores on the forehead for instance. Yours look just right there :o)

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 12:26 PM

ohh hehe =)brain getting mushy.....no sleep ....must make poser....texture.....collapses at keyboard

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 1:27 PM

Yeah, but looking at the first post and this last one, it was worth it--so realistic! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.