Sun, Oct 6, 10:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Notifying about Hot 20

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 3:39 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:11 AM

Would it be possible to send an e-mail to an artist when one of his/her images hits the Hot 20? I think it would be a nice feature since many of us are missing when that happens. Thank you for considering it.

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 8:43 AM

Would like to add my vote for this feature.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 11:26 AM

Great idea. You've got my vote.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 11:44 AM

Yep. It wouldn't need to be much, just like the notices about somebody adding you to their favourites or about gallery comments posted.

-- erlik

eelie ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 11:55 AM

Yeppers, I think it's a great idea and, in fact, was surprised to learn that this didn't already happen. Something else that would be kinda cool would be if a little flag could be added that says "This image voted as a Hot 20 in the xxxxxxxxxx forum." Sort of like winning an award or something. Nothing on the picture, just under it somewhere. But, just the notification would be fine.

jasonmit ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:39 PM

Great idea.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:02 PM

"voted as a Hot 20 in the xxxxxxxxxx forum" Must be one of those naked vicky poser images ;)=)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 7:50 PM
Forum Moderator

I didn't know there was a hot 20.........

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Dash101 ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 12:06 AM

I agree.. NOTICE would be GREAT for all involved... I vote YES..

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 12:59 AM

yeah, let the artist know that they hit the hot 20, though I suspect most know for reasons that I won't go into. On the off chance that an artist legitimately makes it there, they should have notice.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 9:53 AM

This has been requested by someone else before, but I'll add it to this thread. There should also be a way for those without an interest in the Hot 20 to choose not to participate in it. This isn't personally important because I'll never have to worry about being in the Hot 20 to begin with, but I would just as soon be able to turn off that button the same way I have the comments and the rating scale.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 3:02 AM

I'm with dialyn. I don't give a rat's behind about the hot 20. Never did. Don't WANT to know if/when anything I might post gets voted in. In fact, if I ever do post anything to the galleries here again, I would rather NOT have the "vote for this" button under it. Kate

ShadowRose ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 5:05 PM

I like this idea. I'm up for it.

Grimtwist ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 5:57 PM

Um...I thought they got rid of the Hot20...I should pay attention more.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 9:39 AM

Well, I like the hot20, and I'd love to know if anyone voted one of my pictures in without finding out by accident. I don't always have time to go and check it out, and now they only stay for a week it's easy to miss them, so when one of my pictures did make it in, I saw it there but by morning it was gone. When I like a picture enough to vote for it (which I only ever do in the beginners gallery as that's where I go) I'd like the person who made it to know if they got in to the hot20. I don't want to tell them it was me, I'm not trying to get other people to vote for me in return when I vote for them etc... in fact I usually don't know who I'm voting for, it's the picture that makes me vote. It's very encouraging to see that someone liked your picture when you are a beginner. Shanna :-) I think I used the word vote an awful lot just then.

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 4:33 PM

Great idea! Please, please, please!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 6:09 PM

Im with Dialyn & Kate on this one...IF I ever DO decide to post to galleries here again {highly doubtful}... I'd want the option to turn it off....{I dont think I have enough friends here to get one or all of my image/s into the Hot 20 anyway} And as Grim stated...I thought the Hot20 was non-exsistent?

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.