Thu, Sep 19, 9:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 Hair Question

Scathdebas ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 6:01 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:21 PM

HI, I am really new at this stuff, although I must admit that I am amazed how easy it has been to learn. Here is my current problem. I applied one of the preset poser 5 hairstyles to my koshini model. It looks great, if not a little too real. It is VERY blonde. How can I change the hair color? I have tried selecting a group of hair and clicking on a new material, but it doesn't seem to change anything? Also, where can I get good materials for use on hair? Thanks in advance! :)

EmpressZario ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 9:12 PM

http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=18909 http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=15702 These are two of my products that include materials for Poser 5 hair. I'm hoping to work on a new package with even more materials... the Poser 5 materials room has ENDLESS possibilities. Explore some :)

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 10:12 PM

There was some free hair colors posted on the freestuff page here, too, just do a search for them, or look back two or three pages- they were fairly recent.

Berserga ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 11:34 PM

You know, I think the Poser 5 hair shader node produces crummy results most of the time. I think you are better off removing it from the shader tree, and plugging the noise node directly into the appropriate slots on the root node then playing with specularity until you get an effect you like. That is if you even want to mess with Dynamic hair which I don't most of the time because for most applications a good transmapped hair is better. Sometimes you can get really cool effects with P5 hair though, in those cases it's great (as long as you don't need collision detection anyway.)

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 12:42 PM

SR3 actually fixes many of the collision detection problems, and looks pretty darn good, though it takes a lot of extra memory during render. I'd advise you to upgrade to SR3 if you haven't already- it makes Poser 5 a lot more stable.

merknz ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 2:36 PM

Yep, I've been able to make some pretty good looking long hair with P5 now that SR3 is out, collides with shoulders and head. Now its just working on a good fringe :-) Transmap hair is great, but instead of fiddling with morphs you can use gravity and wind force with P5 dynamic hair

Berserga ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 11:15 PM

Oh good to know. I've been holding off on SR3 just to see if it was dangerous or not. :p They didn't mention any hair fixes in the list they posted did they? As for Dynamics, I think it's pretty cool, but as somebody who comes from a background of drawing my own 2d animations in Deluxe paint 4 back in the amiga days, I prefer the control of being able to keyframe my own animations rather than relying on the whims of simulated physics. :D

merknz ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:34 AM

I generally dont use Poser to animate anyway, prefering to make stills at a particular frame :-) As for the hair fixes, they didnt really mention it except in a cryptic way in 'general' rather then the hair room, a lot of people reacted to the list badly without trying it. Yours was probably the best option of 'wait and see' I didnt find any loading time benefits but I love the hair :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.