Thu, Sep 19, 7:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Free Poser????

wizkidjsp ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 2:26 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:10 AM

Is it possible to get a free version of Poser??? If so, where? Please tell me...

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 2:29 PM

I think Poser 3 was released as a bonus item in one of the 3D mags. I'm not sure which one though.

merknz ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 2:42 PM

But its not freeware, its still sold :-) just as part of the Magazine. I'm not aware of any 'free' version of Poser

Bryde ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:17 PM

Hullo alchimia, er sucht nach einer kostenlosen Version - dein Link frt zu einem Hdler...liefert der kostenlose Vollversionen??? For the English reader: I asked alchimia, if this seller offers free full versions of the program...would be a surprise. There has been a full version of Poser 3 in German available for download within a competition of a German TV station a few weeks ago, but the download is dead now. Just get one of the many 3D or computer graphic magazines out there - there's bound to be some with the full free Poser 3 version on it. 3D World for example or Computer Arts and so on. You can send email to them and ask if the old issues with this program on the cover CD is still available... There is no legal working download for any free full version of Poser available on the Net right now.

alchimia ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:20 PM

NEIN DAS NICHT !! 30 TAGE -ABER POSER 3und ich glaube auch 4 inzwischen sind kostenlos

kbennett ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:20 PM

alchimia: is this legitimate? Kevin. Moderator.

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:26 PM

hehe i looked and it was a site to buy and purchase poser at online not free . The prices were rather high .

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:28 PM

Closest to a free Poser version must be the Demo of Pro Pack. It is available on CL's site (http://www.curiouslabs.com) and has limited functions for 30 days. It doesn't contain all the characters (but some) and you can't save your renderings other than taking a screendump of the final result. But it's a great way to get an idea of what Poser is all about :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kbennett ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:34 PM

Thanks tasquah. I don't read German so I wasn't sure :) Kev.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:45 PM
Site Admin

There's a 70-MB or so download of poser 3 there too, in the demo section. I don't know if it's a demo or not (it doesn't say), but i'm waiting for it to download now so i can see if it is or not... (I don't really need it as i already have Poser 4, but I want to see if it's the real thing or not.)

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Bryde ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:58 PM

alchimia: Poser 4 ist mit Sicherheit nirgends legal kostenlos zu bekommen. martian_manhunter: I remember the free Poser 3 download during the German TV competition thing was about 71 MB - so it might be a full version. I'd ask Egisys about this - if this seller has the option to give away the full Poser 3 version for free in his download section.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 4:59 PM
Site Admin

It appears to be a full version, but they forgot to include a serial number, so it's unusable.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

merknz ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:21 PM

I remember being on a poser related list, someone got kicked off the list and banned for asking that question (free poser version) :-)

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:25 PM

Softline is Reseller for Egisys and CuriousLabs in germany - legal thing, I would say.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:27 PM
Site Admin

But what about the missing serial number? I'd love to give this to my kids to play with, but there's no serial number so it's useless.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:41 PM

I would send them an email and just ask about that. I am not a customer there so I can't look at the download page to find out about the serial number - maybe there are some infos on that page? Maybe Detlef could help since he posted the link.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 6:31 PM
Site Admin

Merknz: They would kick someone out of here for asking about warez, but not for asking if there's a legitimate way to get Poser (or any other app) for free (and it appears there is, at least for Poser 3. Several other apps also have lower versions available for free to promote their latest versions: Give you the earlier one free to get you hooked, then reel you in to buy the newer version. Amapi and Truespace both do that, and e-on has done so in the past with Vue2. Puntomaus: I just sent them an email (in rusty German remembered from high school). We'll see what happens.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 6:33 PM

3d World has a version of Poser 3 in the 'current' issue..which came out 6 weeks ago in the UK, and *
Still!* hasn't shown up here yet..it's about $13-15..but that's as close to free and complete as you're likely to get, lately. (B&N here says 8 copies, but they don't know when, they won't accept payment for advance copies, and I hafta show up every other day to find the flinkin' thang..)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 6:52 PM
Site Admin

This copy of Poser 3 is the German version.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

merknz ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 8:08 PM

Yeah true, I got hooked using Poser in a part time graphics class at Uni and then got pointed towards Vue (over Bryce) by the communities here ... But yeah its a good idea, I dont dispute it :-)

wizkidjsp ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 9:54 AM

Thanks Everybody!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.