Sun, Sep 15, 11:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: BETTER THAN MAY CHALLENGE!!! **EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK!

bioserge ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 1:00 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 7:33 AM

Hello all! I think this will be a great time for everyone to take advantge of having their work in a book! AMERICA 24/7 Even you Brits and Alien Commanders could take place in it. Lets all join! It includes anyone with a digital camara or scanner from amateure to pro.. Enought with my yapping here is the link and it starts this monday! http://www.msnbc.com/news/910248.asp?vts=051020032245&cp1=1

spiderwebb ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 10:27 AM

That's awesome...you know I love a challenge. I registered~

zhounder ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 11:23 AM

I registered too! spidy and I are going to succeed too! Wouldn't it be great if all of us dominated the subisions!? Lets show them what we can do! Good luck to all! Magick Michael

bioserge ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 4:40 PM

Im glad that I brought this to you guys, I just hope more of the "GREAT ONE'S" will join soon. I guess since its Mothers Day and its a sunday alot have not gotten to this yet.

rocserum ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 6:09 PM

Its just Americans to join, but nevertheless, I enjoy this place to post, see the works and read the comments. RS

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 7:52 AM

I remembered reading about this in American Photo...thought about how cool it was, and then forgot all about it! Thanks for the bonk on the head and the reminder!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 6:27 PM

guess i'll give it a go- thanks Serge!

bioserge ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 11:58 PM

Your welcome Cyn and Michelle. I figured Michelle would have been the first one up and going at it. I saw it on American Photo aswell and had signed up for a reminder when they were ready to go. I recieved 2 memory cards on friday provided by the project for free to keep aswell. One is a 512 and one is a 228MB card. Plus all the mentions and honorables one gets along with some money and or a printer or digital camara if you make one of the 53 covers. If you don't you still get some freebies for the trys...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 7:47 AM

I shot some stuff yesterday...must say...ick....my family life ain't so pretty as a picture... but I'll send it in anyway... ya never know what they'll consider good!

--- michelleamarante.com

bioserge ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 5:07 PM

aahahaha! I tried the same thing but will pass. I think other peoples life is more iteresting when you stick a half a foot long lens in their face. Out of 10,000 submitted images you gotta get one in there somewhere. Best of wishes.

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 6:33 PM

Just the paranoid in me, but was anyone else taken aback by Snapfish's Terms and Conditions agreement? This line particularly made me go back and read the whole thing twice: "Accordingly, as a condition to your Membership, you hereby grant Snapfish a perpetual, universal, nonexclusive right to copy, display, modify, transmit, make derivative works of and distribute any Content transmitted or provided to the Service by you, solely for the purpose of providing the Service." What got me in this was the perpetual and universal non-exclusive right to modify or make derivative works of one of my images. The rest I can understand (for showing the images on their site), but the right to modify and make derivative works of it? I could understand MSNBC needing that right (since they'd be putting it in books, on TV, etc.) but Snapfish? The last line is kind of vague too - "solely for the purpose of providing the Service." In my mind, I can easily see someone making the argument that they used my photo in their advertising because without advertising their services, the Service wouldn't be able to survive so therefore, the advertising was needed so we can keep providing the Service. Not saying that's what they'd do, just made me think and gave me a bit to worry about. So, I'll use it for the 24/7 event, but no way I will put my normal stuff on that site. Don't like the sound of it. -=>Donald

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 6:52 PM

Well I'm not so sure if now if I'll be able to participate...I signed in as a student and as such I can upload up to 50 images....well thats all fine and dandy but...you have to use this software called PhotoMechanic....only version available is version 4 which is for Window XP or Win 2000 any other version of windows requires upgrading to XP.... 'Scuse me I don't think so....... Secondly images must be in Raw Format....hmmm....well I didn't read the damn thing until this morning...and I didn't shoot in RAW yesterday.... and hmmm...on a 256 CF card I might be able to get a few images on there before I run out of space...... I thinks me has problems.......

--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 9:49 PM

Michelle, perhaps that is just for students. I understood this line to mean that I could shoot in JPEG. and that is what I am doing. you may shoot RAW files with any camera you choose for the best quality. However, we will only accept jpeg copies of your RAW files for submission for the America 24/7 book project. So shoot RAW and submit jpegs. Magick Michael PS I will only use Snapfish for this project as well.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 10:01 PM

Just went back and re-read it....Ok I don't have to shoot RAW but they recommend it for better output quality...got it.... They have different upload procedures for different people... for students they want you to use the software provided.....which is not supported by WinMe....I'm still stuck with this....

--- michelleamarante.com

bioserge ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:45 AM

Really the PHOTO MECHANIC is so you could ad a caption to your work and also it helps state the time you indeed took the picture Michelle, I think there are other softwares out there. Now Im confused even more with the Snapfish outlines DHolman brought out, zhounder says he will only use the snapfish way. so whats teh best way to go. I am really jsut uploading what ever I get through FTP. Michelle if you need some help I will be more than happy to caption your pictures for you with my copy of PHOTO MECHANIC... just send me your pictures along with your captions on your work I will encode them with the software send them back to you and them you upload them with your account... what the program does is add's a hidden file containing the captions that will only open up in PHOTO MECHANIC.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.