Sun, Oct 6, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Old and Fat

SDG ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:44 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:19 AM

Can anybody please help? Using Poser 4, how do I make ppl look 40 t0 50 years old and also above 60? How do I make them fat? Altering the scales doesn't seem to work very well. Are there perhaps morph targets one can download to do this? Your advice will be much appreciated! SDG

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:54 PM

What figures are you using?

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:13 PM

hehe SDG , you might have been a bit more tactful in your request since most of us here are over the age of 40 and tend to resent being called old . Arduino has a pretty good free model (Eve V2) that will let you add a few extra pounds to it. And trekkie girl has some cool freebies as well that fit what you are looking for.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:19 PM

Well I don't think my RealLife people are FAT ;o) That would be the same as saying I am fat G but yes, I've made som less skinny people, there's a free one out for V3 and some for sale in my store. There's also a round, elderly gent in the marketplace, I think he's called Enzio or something like that. Looks very nice to me.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:25 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=788

The Daz figures Vic2 and Mike2 has built in morphs, if do not have them or want to use them, you can morph the P4 figures with magnets and by using some other software. It can be time consuming. If you would like to purchase figures I can recomend these two, Morf Man and Morf Woman by Momodot in the Market place. I have used both of these and liked them. Here is the link to Morf Woman.

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:41 PM

Arduino also has two great free morphs for the P4 female, the Black Full-Figured Model and the Beautiful Mature Woman. Both are very zaftig. The Black Model is young, but the Mature woman looks to be about in her sixties. If you have Vicki, Arduino has also made a really lovely free character for V2 of a woman in her seventies or so (morph and texture.) Just search the freestuff section under Arduino.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 3:03 PM

yeah, not old and fat, but rather wise and well-rounded or in poser term "magnetically advanced" ;o)

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 3:24 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=15780

LoL JVRenderer, yes some of us are a bit more rounded than others :) ohh great word Fauve. And i had forgotin about that model thanks. dalinise has 2 great products for the over 60 age.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 3:32 PM

"magnetically advanced" Nice! Even more politically correct would be: "high-poly models" ..... Leaving open the question of whether "poly" stands for polygon, roly-poly, or polyunsaturated!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SDG ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for your info, it's much appreciated. Since I am over 60 myself, let's then call them wise and well rounded - sounds nice. SDG

lelionx ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3d-cc.com/thirdeyefunction/

there's a couple of really good free fat dudes here along with other great stuff.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 12:28 PM

The bigger the polys the more the jollies?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

lelionx ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 1:10 PM

the older the polys........the folder the polys.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:22 PM

"Fat and Proud" here!!! :) There's a lot of really good "large" chacters that are reasonably priced. Ernyoka1 has created some very reasonably priced stuff. Enzio has been mentioned. Betsy is great! The Golden Girls and their male counterparts (whose name I've fogotten). Roxanne and Boris offer large characters. If you want to create your own, just play with the morphs I guess. You should be able to widen the hips, buttocks and other parts pretty easily....go in small steps (like .500) at a time until you get the look you want. Getting clothing to fit is a much larger (no pun intended) issue!!!

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 3:24 PM

Forgot to mention that there are some "older person" textures around too that are reasonably priced. There is also some in free stuff.

SDG ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:41 PM

Thanks again, marvellous advice. Buying might be slightly difficult, since I don't live in USA but in Africa. I think it's time to buy the Vic/Mike CD's. I'll see if I can order direct from USA. Does anybody know - will poser 5 enable one to make your characters older? Take care, SDG

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:43 PM

will poser 5 enable one to make your characters older?.... Poser 5 can morph the Don and Judy characters to be older. Vicky 3 comes with her own injectable morphs to maker her older (and you might want to invest in her since she has a very flexible body shape as well).

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 6:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zs3d.com/index2.htm

zeta 3d has a texture i covet quite a bit, though i think she's more into 80 than 60s. the bodymorpher in the freestuff can make possette just about any body type you want.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.