Fri, Sep 20, 10:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / OT

Welcome to the OT Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

This forum is a place to relax, unwind,and
discuss topics which may not be appropriate for the other forums.

Remember to stick to discussing issues, not members.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

We want this forum to be enjoyable for everyone.
Please read and understand the TOS before posting.

Subject: Survey.. Owned by a.... cat? Dog? Canary? Ferrett?

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

file_58412.jpg

I'm owned by a cat and it seems that most of the poser artists here are too. But I might be wrong. Those of you with pets, what do you have (er, uh, what has you)? Cats? Dogs? Birds? Duckbill Platypuss?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:08 AM

Three cats (two tabbies and a calico), a plethora of wild squirrels in my "front yard" who seem to have no fear of me, a couple of virtual pets who are over seven years old, and one tulpa.

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:31 AM

2 Jack Russel Terriers... or Terrorist as I preffer to call them.

seaayre ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:32 AM

Two cats. A Burmese, and a Maine Coon mix. :)

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:36 AM

I'm a staffmember/chief cook/massuse/adviser for a calico.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:43 AM

Owned by 3 cats, one abyssinian, one siamese and one oriental Shorthaired.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lawndart ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:52 AM

file_58413.jpg

Here is my owner...

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 1:59 AM

I'm owned by 2 cats & a dog here :)

HaiGan ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:21 AM

Another cat pet. Is this some universal constant? And has anybody else read 'The Unadulterated Cat'?

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:54 AM

I'm owned and employed by 2 Norwegian Forrest Cats. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

westryde ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:16 AM

I am owned by two cats both girls, one ginger, the other a grey tortoiseshell. The grey one is currently asleep on my lap making it difficult to get to the keyboard!

I am also part owned by my neighbour's two cats, a ginger tom and a grey long coated girl who arrived as a stray, took one look at our two and decided to go next door. However when my neighbours go away they are waiting at the bottom of my driveway at meal times. After all if their own 'servants' are not there they expect me to feed them.

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:35 AM

Three boy cats here - one short-haired black (Daemon), one fluffy black (Twit), one fluffy ginger (Sinbad). Also four dogs - 3 collie types (Max, Eclipse & Hobbit), one collie/black lab cross (Cain). Also one cockerel (Chirac). The name isn't really a reflection of my political views, it's just we had to call him something, and that stuck! Hopefully, 3 hens arriving this week or next, to keep him company.

TheWanderer ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:11 AM

Hi I live with Wife (to be) and our two friends Jack a flatcoated retriver/collie cross and Scuzzie a beige Chinchilla. They both have their own personallities and I dare anyone (of the Desmond Morris brigade) to tell me that aminals only work on instinct and emotion . Jack loves to go out in the car so that he can go Motor bike spotting.I also truly belive that if you take what an animal does as well as what he says (jack can say some english words if you listen) they have language. Call me crazy but thats just me Dave

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:18 AM

I have 2 Samoyed dogs living with me. Pet names, Sabre and Penny. You don't 'own' Samoyeds... they choose whether or not to live with you...! Samoyeds: the Spirit of Christmas all year through.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

andix ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 5:47 AM

2 cats, 3 daughters and a wife......lol....nothing left for the devil....

jchimim ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:16 AM

Four cats, two dogs, two goats, one fish. Dogs and cats were all strays who decided to adopt us, and are kind enough to allow us to continue to live in the house.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:39 AM

I'm owned by 2 beautiful cats, one a domestic shorthair who's now 7 years old and 1 a chocolate point Himalayan who's 10. Both with the kookiest personalities you'll ever see (besides that of their pet - me) ;o). Laurie

Lorraine ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:43 AM

file_58414.jpg

Three cats, but one claims me as theirs full time, and the cats own an inside dog (Rhodesian Ridgeback)who is the referee.

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:45 AM

well, most of you know that i'm owned by a parrot. he's just like "fred" on the old "baretta" t.v. show. yes, he talks. he's owned me for 15 years, and, now that the kids are all grown and gone, he is a bigger baby than he used to be. he literally SCREAMS unless i tell him a story each night...must be complete with sound effects, and hand movements, as well...oh, yes...his name is...of all things...Poppi!!!

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:03 AM

np no cat no dag but i have to kids dos that count?lol

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Replicant ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:13 AM

Sighs. My owner died last year having played with and entertained me for 8 years. He looked a lot like LawnDartLawnDart's and had the uncanny ability of being able to hear me picking up a tin of tuna from three fields away. Used to wriggle his way under my arm so he'd be lying on the arm of my armchair and I was using him as the armrest. I never even knew cats could get Leukemia. He was irreplacable and I miss him lots.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:15 AM

file_58415.jpg

9 cats and an Arabian stallion. I've posted enough pix of the cats(especially Mimi) so I thought I give the horse a turn.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:17 AM

Oops I almost forgot. That should be 9 cats, an arabian stallion and an albino pygmy hedgehog. ;-)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:42 AM

Replicant: cats very frequently die of Leukemia nowdays. In fact, MOST cats now born to outside cats like strays or barn cats have either Leukemia or Feline HIV. If your baby was 8 years old when he died, you were extremely fortunate to have gotten 8 long years with him, as most with Leukemia die within their first 4. And I know what it's like to lose a good feline friend - when I was 16 years old, our family cat (who I was extremely close to) died at age 21 (yep, she was older than I was). I am now 38 years old and STILL think of her on a regular basis. Just proof positive of how much of an impact pets really do have on our lives :o). And each one is irreplacable. I've decided that when my current two are gone, that I won't be getting any more. I've lost too many friends to the deficit in our species lifespans :o). Maybe I'll get a parrot - it'll most likely outlive me ;o) Laurie

wayneout ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:01 AM

A beagle and a chinese pug. Plus numerous wild squirrels and rabbits who live around by house. And like what Little Dragon said, they don't seem to be scared of my family. Bill

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:03 AM

LOL where do I start? One Shetland Sheepdog, one black cat, one Senegal parrot, one cockatiel, one parakeet, and eight bunnies (and growing rapidly).

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:12 AM

Playstation 2 Nah... don't have any pets :( Had a Canary when I was a kid, but it died... still not sure how, don't believe the story my parents told me :) Then again i never really took care of that bird. In hindsight I think that's a pitty, my Granddad gave me that bird, he bred them. I I woulkd get a pet.. sjeez... so many to choose from, Praying Manist, Tarantula, Cat, Dog, iguana...

Sue88 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:31 AM

Daio, what a beautiful horse! One black cat here with white patches on her chest and tummy. She's the most loving and social cat I've ever met.

SomethingWicked ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 9:38 AM

file_58416.jpg

Patches owns me and Shadow owns my daughter, Ashlyn. I had a maternal urge back in the fall of 1990, so I got the girls as soon as they were weaned. Two weeks later, I found out I was pregnant with Ashlyn.

Moral of this story: Find out if you're pregnant before you get a cat.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:01 AM

file_58417.jpg

3 cats here, two large tabbies and a tiny Siamese mix named Iva who thinks she is a princess. All three were strays that we adopted, but 5 of our last 6 cats have been. I can't imagine life without at least one cat. :) SnowS [(bad Iva!)](http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=395145)) ;)

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:06 AM

Two cats - Lou C (orange and white, long haired domestic, Ethel's brother) and Ethel (black and white, short haired domestic, Lou's sister) - and one Lhaso Apso - Eloise. My dearest dog friend Sally, a funny little terrier, died this year so I have a vacancy in my house and my heart. I cannot imagine not having a pet of some sort in my life.

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:22 AM

First, beautiful horse, Daio. Now I'm envious. :) And, Snowsultan, ahhhhhhhh... I cater to and serve three dogs, all Chow mixes. Who needs 'fur plugins'? I have plenty that can be glued to my monitor for 'fur simulation'. A cat is something that I wish could be added to the family. Living in the 'shticks' means field mice (and other varments). Some years ago I had a Siamese cat and black Labradore. No mice problems. She was also a computer user - used to always jump onto my desk and try her hand, er paw, at writing Shakespeare. :) BYS

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:49 AM

to OT forum

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:50 AM

I was owned by a black and white tabby called Willie but sadly he died towards the end of last year. I thought I would never be able to find another cat so precious. That was until a couple of months ago when I found a little black kitten who I called Muffin, or perhaps she found me. I am now well loved and played with daily and so very happy to have this furry fluff ball as my owner. Catlin

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:01 AM

file_58418.jpg

2 cats and one mutt....:>)

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:43 AM

file_58419.jpg

Eight cats, one dog and a monster dog.

Stupidity also evolves!

Lawndart ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:43 AM

file_58420.jpg

Replicant: I'm very sorry to here that you lost your kitty. We used to lose dogs and cats all the time when I was a kid in the Oregon mountains. I never let myself get close to them. I have never really LOVED a pet until we got Sabastian. He adopted me. I can now understand your loss. We resqued Sabastian from an animal shelter. I came around the corner and there he was bangin his tin cup against the bars. Meowin and purrin like a 429 big block. He was awsome! The lady at the shelter said he had been there for 3 months. Normally they don't keep them that long but they really liked "the king" so they kept him around hoping that someone would take him. She told us "he is blind in one eye and has a big cyst on his neck". She also told us that it is very hard to find a home for black cats. The whole "black cat bad luck" thing. I said "really"? "That's interesting". "We'll take him". We are glad we did. I love the things they do such as giving you a head but if you aren't giving enough attention to him. He plops all 16 lbs on top of us while we lay on the couch and watch a movie. He grooms me and my wifes hair. He will sit there for 20 or 30 minutes licking my hair all over. It actually messages your scalp and promotes hair growth. :) Anyway... He is awsome and I'm glad we resqued a kitty from the gas chamber (so to speak)

Jackie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:50 AM

file_58421.jpg

Two dogs, one parrot, and 4 fish....the fish did not want their picture taken...LOL Sunny: Senegal Parrot Zipper: Greyhound Lab mix Buddy: Beagle/Hound mix [Rescued Hearts](http://www.rescuedhearts.org)

kbennett ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:59 AM

Currently unemployed since my beautiful red Boxer, Leika, took the long walk upstairs a few years ago... Somehow never had the heart to find another.

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:06 PM

I can't have pets where I live. I miss them terribly. If I could, I would have two female cats. And lately I've become very interested in ferrets.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:32 PM

file_58422.jpg

We did have one of these, called Cyril, but he died a long while back. This isn't Cyril (it's off the web) but it's of the same type.

cambert ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:39 PM

Since Jessie died last year, Dinky-who-lives-next-door has kindly taken us on as part-time staff, and taken over the role as uber-cat of our end of the street. The night fighting isn't as noisy as it used to be, but Dinky has a sweeter temperament than Jessie did (at least so far).

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:45 PM

I once "owned" an enormous semi-wild cat with one ear that terrorised the neighbourhood. One day it had a fight with a dog and the dog needed emergency surgery to save it's life. The cat just lost what little fur it had. Then it went to live with three old women and died.

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:47 PM

"...with one ear that terrorised the neighbourhood" I mean the whole cat terrorised the neighbourhood, not just its ear.

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 12:48 PM

I also owned a stag beetle and a chicken.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:22 PM

I try to keep up with Pepper, a "rescue" dog. She's a whippet - mini-greyhound. Believe me, it's greatly in doubt who takes whom for walks. She hates electronic gadgets, alas. The minute I fire up the flashbulb she heads for a hiding place under the bed. It's therefore hard to get good pictures of her. I'll have to see if I can remember to take the camera along outside... We used to host a colony of 14 gerbils (they swore our initial two were both female, darn them!) but they have since all gone to the Great Habitrail In The Sky. Pepper was fortunately not involved in their transitions, though she sure used to watch them closely.

calzgal ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:33 PM

file_58423.jpg

I am Bruiser's human.

Allen9 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:41 PM

I am the proud possession of 2 cats. Merlin - a male Maine Coon, and Phaedra - a female British shorthair. I have their permission to reveal this data. BTW, I also have a severe allergy - to the ABSENCE of cats. Just cain't live without 'em.

calzgal ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:48 PM

MaineCoons are COOL!!!!!!! I always wanted one of those for my very own.......sigh

SomethingWicked ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 5:23 PM

I once had a guy tell me that either it was him or the cats, but someone was leaving the house. I told him the cats were there when he got there and they'd be there when he was gone. Needless to say, he's gone. ;)

Allen9 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 5:49 PM

Nobody who knows me well enough to move in would EVER tell me that, he'd have to know by that point that hell would freeze and thaw 1,000,000 times over before I'd ever even consider having my cats leave.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.