Thu, Sep 19, 11:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Sci-Fi suit for Mike and Vicky WIP

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 12:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.posergrafx.com

file_58148.jpg

Been working on these a while. Still need to texture and finish some weapons. What do you all think?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 1:03 AM

Stylish and Star Warsian. Looks like something the Rebel freedom fighters would wear.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 3:26 AM

First a question... what are the circular things on Vicky's hips? Sexy-cyber-robot parts? OK... and another question... is the only activity in their universe shooting other humans? Folks seem to believe "scifi = space war" and that leaves out a lot of other, far more interesting, things we will be doing once we are out there, as well as all the specialized gear we will require and the neat new stuff we will develop as a part of deep space exploration. We wouldn't have the high-tech molybdenum alloys for bicycles and the super-sharp ceramics in kitchen knives if it wasn't for things we have learned already... and we've barely scratched the surface of what is possible. Archeological detection and collection gear: the odds that we will encounter another intelligent race at a roughly equal point in its development are slim. We will most likely find ruins and artifacts. How will we deal with this stuff? Other environments: flying through the upper atmospheres of gas giants and bouncing (tethered?) on small asteroids will require specialized clothing and equipment. An asteroid miner may have to worry about claim jumping varmints, but dehydration and losing his bearings are more threatening. How is a kevlar vest going to stop sentient green sand? Is your solar sail harness manuverable enough to escape buffeting winds as well as the unwelcome attentions of large flying beasties? One of the things I detested most about Stormship Troopers (and I picked the movie apart with my equally mercilous friends) was the idea that we'd land on a world where the enemy forces were known to be hard-shelled inectoids and blast them with projectile weapons. :pffft: I kill ants by pouring boiling water on them... they can't disperse the heat fast enough. (Secondary benefits are that it cleans the counters and my cat isn't poisoned by aerosol drift.) Critters such as spiders(?) which breathe through tiny openings on their legs are vulnerable to suffocation when sprayed especially by oily stuff. Blasting something wearing armor is a waste of good ammo. About that sentient green sand.... :) We have tanks which are reinforced against hardened depleted plutonium warheads, because >>>we<<< have depleted plutonium warheads. What happens when we come up against something not from our own imaginations? In space we will bump that wall repeatedly, and quite possibly with bitter results unless we are flexible enough to learn very, very quickly. My recommendations? Everybody and their cousin has already done some version of space marines. Why not do something different. We are going to have to live, explore, develop, invent, and feed ourselves out there. We will need labs were we can make and purify water and air, among other basics. We will need transportation gear. We will need ways to keep our bearings in a 3D environment. We will also need ways to analyze and record what we are doing. We will need lots of STUFF. And maybe, by the time we run into those white mice who are secretly running the universe, we'll have the know-how to actually build that better mousetrap. Carolly

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 4:07 AM

To answer first question, something is going to plug into those circular things. They can do what ever they want. Just like I'm going to do WHAT EVER I WANT! So thanks for all the, what ever that was? Why not do something different. I have, look at the link to the site and you will see that. As if I was asking you what I should be doing or how you feel about the universe or something? After reading your post I feel as if I've done something wrong, or at least you seem pissed. I'm SO SORRY, I'll never post another violent sci-fi pic around again. Yeah, right.

William ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 4:15 AM

Well I think they look well designed and useful. And they could be used for anything from planetary explorers to futuristic police to even...space marines. The male one would make a good spacesuit with the addition of gloves and a helmet.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 4:32 AM

Actually I can't even imagine those suits as anything war related.... Guess it's just me and my peacefull mind... OTOH they would be great for Space archeology...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sithgoblin ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 5:04 AM

hauksdottir, wtf? Anyway, I think the suits look great!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 5:22 AM

LynnJonathan. I've looked a little more on the pic and if I may suggest something then try making Vickie's boots a little bit bigger. Right now they look a little like socks to me :o) But the rest is really great.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Fillingim ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 6:28 AM

I like em!!

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 7:54 AM

Very interesting. I would prefer to see the female suit look more like a female fitting version of the male suit, rather than something that might be from a completely different organisation. The male suit looks very good, and benefits from appearing less 'skin tight' than most Sci-Fi stuff out there. With suitable gloves and helmet, it could easily pass for, say, a Mars environment suit as well as space combat gear. Morphs to turn the shin and hip pads into pockets would be appreciated by me, along with more 'utility' on the torso 'armour'. I can see the wider sales appeal of providing figure hugging outfits for female characters, but in this case I think having two such disimilar appearances detracts from the package (assuming they are in a package). Anyway, please take this as constructive input from a (definite) potential customer stating his preferences. You are of course free to do as you wish, from releasing your own design of Sci-Fi suit to attacking green sand-eating white mice with super-sharp ceramic coated depleted-plutonium warheads. ;-)

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 8:05 AM

Looks kewl to me. But then what the heck do I know bout space exploration. LOL Dave

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 10:20 AM

Looks cool 2 me 2 but thanks to the government wimping out on space exploration - havent a clue whether the suits would work ;-) Dang, sci-fi writers who made me think as a young child that by now I would be visiting other worlds!

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 10:33 AM

I love them!! I want them Good work Hauksranter: why the RANT??? it's just fun poser stuff .. not quantum physics if you dont care for it how about just ignoring the post( like I ignore the all nausiating "Cute koshini" Stuff) instead of brow beating the artist with your narrow vision of what we should all create. Thanks :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:21 AM

Yes please more clothes to play with! $$$ or free? Dave

_dodger ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:28 AM

I think they look good, but I also think they look -- well, the same as all the other sci-fi suits, of which there are several. Not trying to be mean; it was just the first thing I thought when I saw them -- 'oh, another one of those kinds of outfits.' And I'm only being honest about it.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:34 AM

lynnJonathan - really fine work, if you make these available I'll be in line to hunt them down. hauksdottir - Well, I actually agree with ya, BUT SciFi artwork generally is acts of violence and space marines. From movies to bookcovers it just seems to be the thing. I like it too, but I agree, seeing more variety would be nice. Once of the best things you can do to help that is sugjest specific items to be made. change comes from discussion. love the suits, and what everybody has stated already.

dragongirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:34 AM

Beautiful modeling. I agree about Vicky's sock-boots. Maybe just thick-ish soles would help and still keep the foot graceful-looking. I like very much how they are different from each other. - lots of interesting details.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:45 AM

When you texture can you do a clean and dirty one? That is something that is missing from so many items, looks like they just stand around drinking coffee and never work for a living...wait...that's what I do!! lol I am impressed, nice work. Marque

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:51 AM

Hmm...does anyone remember Earth 2? They had neato exploration gear and clothing that was simply slightly updated versions of contemporary stuff. A little asymetry, some different texturing and materials...viola! I do like these outfits BTW. I respect anyone who can model well.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 12:30 PM

I see what you all mean about the boots. Some morphs could help that. Makeing the Mike suit work with Vicky is a great idea. Dirty looking texture is on the list.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 6:48 PM

Lynn, Why the hostile reaction? I am not narrowing anybody's vision... trying to widen it with what were offered as HELPFUL suggestions. If they are not taken as helpful, but are resented, that isn't my problem. I rarely offer my perspective on a WIP. Modelers are free to make even more variants upon what we already have (more standard-issue guns, more same-as-the-other-guys uniforms). However, if you are thinking about selling this product (and yes, I do know that you are a merchant) then perhaps you might want to note an idea for add-ons from a potential customer instead of slapping at her for annoying you with a novel thought. Carolly

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 10:47 PM

But what you said appeared more as a rant rather than as suggestions. It may have appeared as constructive criticism to you, but not to some of us. Dave

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 11:33 PM

I'll note the add-on ideas hauksdottir. Kitchen knives, gas giants, something better to stop the sentient green sand, some war heads, and a mouse trap. I have no idea what to make from your posting??? Seemed kind of like a lecture or something. As if we are just a bunch of stupid sci-fi fans. Its imaginary, fantacy, and eye candy. Your post in my opinion was negative, not what I'm really looking for. But you have every right.

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:13 AM

lynn, ignore Hauksdottir, is my advice. Aggressive and arrogant over-reactions to anyone who has the nerve to not see things her way is her normal behavior. Incredibly boring. Try putting a topless Vicki in a post here and watch the circus animals dance lol! Hauksdottir, go get a life sometime, okay. You can be very unpleasant and mean. Try not being that way for a change, or shutting up otherwise. :] Fish

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:00 AM

file_58149.jpg

Here is Vicky 3 wearing the one Mike was. Did a Vicky 2 version as well. Didn't even have to hide any of her body parts. The tight one you prety much have to. Almost ready to make some textures.

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:05 AM

i definitely see a point in carolly's posting. i'm looking for ages for one more or less "normal" space suit (or science-fiction suit with emphasis on "science") for doing some mars exploration scenes, but nothing yet. and i bet i'm not the only one. as for the suits: i think that vicky's suit should be bulkier esp. legs, not so body-fitting and also the boots should be bigger.

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 10:06 AM

crossposted. looks much better.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 11:54 AM

question about your suits... do they work with mike or vicki morphs? like fat mike in a scifi suit? I really like where your going with these suits.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 7:57 PM

No morphs at this time.

praxis22 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 6:32 AM

I like the Mike one on Vicky, looking good :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.