Sat, Sep 21, 3:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: A Question for PhilC :)

SothArtist ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:08 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:21 AM

Hey Phil :) I noticed on your site when I downloaded one of your free ( Thank you kindly! and Thanks to everyone who gives the freebies away, it's a great way to learn )models you had a version of 'the luggage' from Terry Pratchets Discworld. (Atleast I hope it was your site or I am making a complete Jackass of myself even as I type hehe ) Are you planning on making a series of Discword stuff? Prolly my favourite books after LotR. Anyone who hasn't read the Discworld Novels, do yourself a huge favour and read them. They will have you in stitches hehe One more dumb question. Is ernyoka1 TrekkGrrl? hehe I have gotten some of Trekkgrls freebies too and ernyoka solved a prob for me yesterday. So wanted to pass on my thanks on both counts hehe. Stay Safe all!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:27 AM

Yes Ernyoka1 = Trekkiegrrrl. PhilC did a free DEATH, not sure if it's still there or not. There haven't been any other figures that I recall (yet).

SothArtist ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:47 AM

Oh excelent :) hehe I hope he still has that one available! Even for sale. I will definately grab it when I get the cash together :) Thanks RHaseltine :)

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 9:39 AM

file_58463.jpg

Yes my name is PhilC and I'm a Discworkaholic :)

I think I have every book and re-read each one at least twice. DEATH was once a freebie. He is now the bonus character in the monk's habit set. The characters are a great source of inspiration and I certainly intend doing some more.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:01 PM

Yes I am me... er.. I mean ernyoka1 is indeed TrekkieGrrrl. Long story but in essence I signed up about a year ago thinking this would be just another of the numerous sites I have signed up for over time. So I used the name I was using at a chat back then

Then I made my first free thing - actually a texture for PhilC's classic dress. And back then I signed the thumbnail TrekkieGrrrl becourse that was my webname otherwise at THAT moment (Ern Yoka is my Star Trek name) Then the next freebie (another texture for that wrap) naturally had to be signed TrekkieGrrrl again. At that time I still planned on actually CHANGING my login name. Then I found out you couldn't and well... By then I had so many freebies that it would be as confusing to change name as it would be to keep it.

Ah it became a long story after all... Sorry for my babbeling :o)

whispers ... What's Diskworld?!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:45 PM

What's DiscWorld? WHAT'S DISCWORLD???? Tsk tsk. You may have heard rumour of "fun","humour","enjoyment", and "side-splitting laughter". I say heard rumour because, naturally, not having read the DiscWorld novels you haven't exsperienced them directly yourself. Get thee hence to a Booke Shoppe, or even a Librarie (beware orangotans though) and look in the "SF/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Humour" sections for the humongously goode series of bookes by Terry Prachette. He does other books too, mind (I love the "Science of Discworld book, and have just bought volume II and hope it's as good - but these are not part of the series and are, if not factually based, at least leaning agains tthe "Science" shelves in my library). Cheers, Cliff Bowman PS example idea from one of the books that has haunted me sinc eI read it. The ways camels run. They just throw their legs out in front of them, and then hurry to catch up.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:39 PM

I'm more into Robert Asprins Myth series myself. what is this luggage model? Love to see a pic and a location to grab it if it's still out there somewhere.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 6:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_58464.jpg

This is Luggage. I know the one in the book refers to having hundreds of legs but one must consider the poly count. Made of Sapient Pear wood, its sole purpose in life is to follow the Wizzard Rincewind where ever he goes. This may be a quiet stroll through the Shades of Ankh-Morpork or through the Shades themselves either way the Luggage will follow and you'd better get out of its way if you know what's good for you!

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:08 PM

ROTFL

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:39 PM

Ahhh, you wouldnt mean that Punny book serries about a flat world that travels through space on the back of 3 elephants standing on a big turtle. Rincewind is pretty funny but I like the granny whats her name witch ones the best. And ye had best watch out for Luggage, it would rather eat you than look at you.

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 12:07 AM

Never read the books, not much of a reader, but I loved the point & click games :) If only for the voice acting of Eric Idle.

Holgerr ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 7:17 AM

Hehe: Lugguage -- I have never seen a better usage of the violent-tag! :-))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.