Sun, Sep 22, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Vic3 gloves and pantyhose problem

denden ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 7:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:24 AM

when I export a Vic3 from Poser 4 to trueSpace 4.3 as an OBJ, Vic3 shows up with black gloves and black pantyhose and eye makeup. how can I lose the gloves and pantyhose? Thanks

BekaVal ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 11:56 PM

Sounds like the transparency is missing. I don't know True Space. So I can't tell you, how to apply it there. In Bryce you must apply the transparancy mat and grade in one of the material channels. Or shouldn't your Vic have gloves and pantyhose? Then the skin texture isn't applied for the body parts that are black.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 7:52 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_58801.jpg

Thanks, BekaVal...I have tried a variety of textures etc with no luck. I think you are correct in that the skin texture isn't applied for black body parts.

Vic2 has only black nipples and black finger nails and black toenails.

Poser 4 woman has no black parts.
enclosing jpg that shows the black areas

X-perimentalman ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 12:17 PM

those are the subdividing mat zones, or some of them anyway. If you want skin tones applied in true space, you'll have to select them, and apply the skin texture to all those parts. skin arm, skin forearm, fingernails, skin thigh, skin shin, skin foot, and toenails, likely nipples as well. if there is supposed to be a lace glove look, or some such, then a texture and transparency would need to be applied.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 3:51 PM

X-perimentalman...that's strange...why would DAZ create a character and not apply skin tones to the entire figure? Regardless, I will give it a try and I do appreciate the info and help. 3D is not my native language :-)

BekaVal ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 3:19 AM

The subdividing material zones are for more versatility when you work with a character in Poser, Denden. You can assign different textures to the material zones for example to dress Vic3 in a body suit or stockings. Vic2 has not so many material zones as Vic3. In your pic she looks like there were no textures at all applied and the object color turned to white. Except the black parts and the yellow eyes of course.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.