Thu, Sep 19, 5:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How Soon For Bryce 6

Lapis ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 11:42 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 6:41 PM

Has anyone heard how soon the release will be?

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 11:50 PM

Indefinitely. Bryce 6 is on hold and Corel has put it on the back burner or even abandoned it due to their financial problems. There are interested parties willing to buy Bryce if they can come up with the money (ie makers of Mojoworld)

Dash101 ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 11:56 PM

Yup. As of right now, Corel Corporation is re-structering their plans. Infact, About 4 months ago, I spoke personally with some staff at Corel about sponsering an imax film which was completed all in Bryce. Like 100% Bryce work. We asked them to cover perifieral costs to advertise the film.. The budget was less then $7,000.00 CDN. And Corel said (And I quote) "We enjoyed your film very much. At this time the Corel Corporation is not sponsering any Bryce or Bryce related products..." etc etc.. balh blah blah. . Ohhh yes, you could say I was suprised.. Bitter.. Saddened.. ugh.. Sorry, im rambling.. But yeah, Bottom line is COREL is all but dead in the water...

Lapis ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 12:11 AM

Hopefelly a company with a real vision for this software will take it off there hands and promote it with passion. Bryce has too much potential to be shelved. It's amazing Painter 8 was released It's a good thing that Painter is heavily cross promoted by Wacom or it may have been shelved as well. I have never been very impressed with Corel. I'll bet your film would have generated some interest in their product. Oh well.

squeeka ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 5:44 AM

Corel needs to get their act together and either let Bryce go to a company that will actively promote it or get it in gear and do it themselves. Never have a worked with a program that is this easy to work in and understandable as well. It gives beginners(like me) a great medium to experiment in without all the technical stuff you need to know to use other 3D programs such as 3D Max and others. I think I have about 5 on this computer and I keep using Bryce because it gives me the results I want(most of the time) without stressing me out over how things get done :)

Pedrith ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 4:45 PM

The need to do something, and as far as I'm concerned turing down the costs for advertising an all Bryce film was stupid. What is the film called and where can i get my hands on it?

Lapis ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 4:58 PM

There may be a market for it yet, either when Bryce finds a new, welcome, home or by thinking outside the box as to who else could benefit with an alliance. Dash101, what was the subject of the film? How long is it? What was the resolution? Do you have short samples available for viewing on a website? I noticed you are from Canada, where abouts? I live near Banff, used to live in Canada when I worked in the media.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 6:02 PM
Site Admin

Despite corel's apparent apathy toward bryce, I seriously doubt it it's goin the way of the dinosaur, if for no other reason than that it has way to many people still using it. Nobody's going to throw away a money-maker if they have another choice. (notive that Corel hasn't stopped selling it)... It's just a matter of waiting till someone buys it who has the resources to develop it further

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Lapis ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 6:09 PM

Should we pass the collection plate?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.