Sun, Oct 6, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Please let me know which one you prefer and why

Richmathews ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 3:00 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/richmathews/SweetAssassin.htm

I am really trying to get this looking good, and at the moment I have done no post work at all. Please let me know which one of these pics you like and why, and what I could do to get them looking any better. Cheers people.

lindans ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 4:09 AM

I like no 3 and possibly no 5 depends what sort of atmosphere you are after, No 3 looks more natural.

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 4:27 AM

No. 2 looks almost cel-shaded... interesting. What kind of effect are you going for? In No's 1 and 3 there seems to be a problem with her eye direction. For that reason alone I'd say no. 2 or no. 5, depending on if you're going for realism, mood, whatever...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Richmathews ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 4:30 AM

I'm still undesided on what I am really after as this is my first thing I've done. The eyes should be ok, as I have put them both to follow an object that is just behind the camera lens. Strange. 2 was done using the alternate diffuse toon node. Skin colour was a bit wrong but that's because I am colour blind :(.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 4:56 AM

Your site has exceeded its transfer rate, so you probably won't get too many more responses. There are color blind artists who work in color; I can name a couple of well-known ones who have found ways around it. They concentrate upon value and shading and silhouette for impact and composition. They also tend to do fantasy and scifi images where their models are in settings which over-ride the subtleties of skin color. No one is going to look human underwater or against a chrome yellow sky. Carolly

Richmathews ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 5:03 AM

Thank you very much for that, I might start working with that in mind.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:31 PM

no. 4 has the most impact. the others loose the knife and the top of the pic seems to draw the eye most. no. 3 is the best out of the others. you're color blind? wow, then nice use of red.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 2:01 PM

Two of my favorite designers are color-blind. I like #2-- it had a warm instant quality, like I could know this character-- plus I liked Judy as a Latina. Madeher different and interesting. I also liked #5 a lot, very rich feeling of depth. The only problem was some details were partially lost. If I hadn't known what she was doing with the knife from the other pictures I would have been confused. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.