Sat, Sep 21, 5:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: My first Vue image..

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2003 at 10:41 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:54 AM

file_59388.jpg

had to post one for starters :) The ship is the San Juan...can't remember where/who did it.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2003 at 11:06 PM

Hey nice, Dave!

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 3:22 AM

Very nice:-)

Tintifax ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 6:10 AM

Great sky (clouds and stars). Not bad for a beginner.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 7:19 AM

OH my, this came out wonderfully. I love the shadows on the sand. Sharen

kstar__2 ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 8:04 AM

nice sky! i need to start making my own sky's too, they look much better :D

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 10:15 AM

Looks cool Dave! Great to see you get here. The next image will be even easier :) RE: the model: The San Juan is one of the Free HighModels from DeEspona; available at 3D Up.com ;)

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 1:37 PM

You're off to a great start, Dave. If you aren't addicted and totally in love with Vue yet, you will be soon. :-) Have fun playing with light variations and the atmosphere editor.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 9:07 PM

Thanks all :) The layers add a whole new dimension..

Thalaxis ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 3:05 PM

Very well done! :)

peterbron ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:23 AM

You have discovered the world wide web as a place for recourses. It is most important to know where to find the things you can not create yourself. Nice sky, light is very important, it can really make or brake your scene. But try to photoshop away the lens flare, you will never see a lens flare on a photo that was shot at night. Palms are ok, but I would have placed them more to the sides, so they do not pull your eyes to them The texture of the ground looks too fake. It is very hard to make realistic textures, and very important, realistic textures can also make or brake your scene. I had best results using photographs. Also add some more plants on the ground, and stones, perhaps an animal or some wood or something like that. It are the details that really make a scene realistic. Remember: recources, light, textures and DETAILS! Nice job for a first time by the way ;)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:33 AM

thanks for the advice, peterbron :) Yes, I agree on all the above....especially as you highlighted details...one of my weaknesses, or perhaps lack of patience...I tend to get bored fast, and don't take the time to really look at and refine my work....slap the idea down and move on to the next one, which of course makes for not so good of an image.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.