Mon, Oct 21, 10:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Daz - can we have a DIFFERENT texture please?

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 4:31 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:43 PM

OK, three new textures for Vicky 3 over at Daz (I am counting the Ann-Marie Goddard one). Very nice I am sure. But when will we have a truely different one? They are all pale white girls. I have nothing against that per se - I am a pale white girl myself. But please, could you do a super-high resolution black texture? Black skin is not just white skin with a darker tint. I have this super morphing model but can not do accurate black people. Just a suggestion, I am sure other people would want this too.

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 4:56 AM

I agree.....I don't bother buying new textures for V3 for that reason...

thgeisel ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 5:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.zs3d.com/

maybe you like steffyzz textures

ablc ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 5:50 AM

and what about a youngish v3 male texture too ?

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:56 AM

I second that. Black skin texture are sorely lacking (Oh THGEISEL- the link you gave is dead)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:31 AM

file_59857.jpg

You mean like this one? This is the brown sugar texture converted for V3. Quick render. Marque

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:41 AM

I also second and second the texture of Stefania at zs3D...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:47 AM

file_59858.jpg

Quick render of the body. Marque

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=402133&Start=1&Artist=Mazak&ByArtist=Yes

I agree with thgeisel StefyZZ has the best ethnic textures you can find. Kelma and Suelma, Morgana and Midori and at last Grand Ma Francesca! Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 8:08 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19954

Ooooh, just found this brand new texture set in the Marketplace here by Morris and Stacey 73. This may be what you are looking for. I can certainly vouch for the quality of anything Morris sets her hand to. Kimberly

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 8:13 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=16820&ViewImage=1#Image

If Zahra is a bit too dark for your needs, Morris also has Tawnie, who is every bit as beautiful. I'm very glad you asked this question, elgyfu, as I had missed both of these characters. Hope you find what you need! Kimberly

Barzoff ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 8:44 AM

LordNakagawa, the link is not dead. For some reason, you have to try twice to finaly get access to her site...

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 10:46 AM

thanks sparrowheart that is a great looking texture set.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:14 AM

file_59859.jpg

what is up with the fingernails? Marque

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:46 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19954

Morris and Stacey73 have just released [ZAHRA](http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19954). You might wanna take a look.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 12:14 PM

that is something I noticed too the lack of african american textures that capture the tone diffences in the flesh. BUT...heheh brown sugar and tawnie {from what I can see in the MP} are amazzingggggggggggg. uunfortunatly I can not get them due to the fact that my puter simply wouldnt work with them but they are amazing and the tonal differences in the flesh are very nice.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

JDexter ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 12:32 PM

Tawnie is one of the best I have seen so far. She is available here in MP. I love her texture and use it a lot. It's hard to come up with a good ethnic texture, too many are just tinted regular textures and it shows. Tawnie is not one of them, truly a work of art in itself. JDexter

JDexter ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 12:35 PM

Oh, Aisha is also a great texture, but she is for Stephanie. Maybe next plug-in for texture converter will be Stephanie to Vic? It would be nice. JDexter

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 12:44 PM

Brown Sugar is really nice. I'm debating on Zahra just because I prefer a non-makeup option and I can't tell if that one has a natural version or not. Could someone post a picture of her face with no make-up, if there is one? I'm really hoping for a few Asian textures now, along with Hispanic and dark Mediterranian complexions. Although there's a lot of mid-Caucasian textures (mid-America, hits the tanning salon once in a while), I'd love to see a very fair texture, Scandinavian, perhaps, and a true albino - not just a bleached goth. that is something I noticed too the lack of african american textures that capture the tone diffences in the flesh. I think a lot of the "African-American" textures are just whitebread textures darkened in Photoshop. Many of them don't look realistic at all. BTW: If your computer can't handle the large files, can't you just resize them in Photoshop? They'll still look good at 1024 by 1024. You might not have quite as amazing detail (skin pores, for example) but you'll still have at least as good a quality as maps that started out at 1024 by 1024. Cheers!

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 1:04 PM

No answer on the fingernails? Won't be getting this one. Marque

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 1:22 PM

but if I resize it I lose what makes it so amazing the subtle variances of shading and such. As far as the mediterainian....Kadihja in mp is wonderful looking. she is beautiful! ~cant wait to get her~ just remember not all spanish {european} are olive skined. in the middle region and northern part there is alot of red heads {a dark rich coppery mahogany} and blonds with rich golden honey tones. the thing that is missed most times is not the color per se but the subtle variances in the colors. the gentle almost motley coloring that can be seen close up. also I think the other hindrance is that they are not light friendly. specially really dark african american skin tones...when in poser they look very dark and you lose details. I love rendering with the richer skin tones but when you get to the darker tones you lose the look and details.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 1:22 PM

What do you mean what is up with the fingernails? I don't have it but maybe you can get a better response if people know what you mean. :)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 2:14 PM

If you look at the pic from the website, the one that says sample? Wondering why the fingernails look like that. And they have the discoloration in the other renders on the site, just wondered what the deal is with them. Thanks, Marque

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 2:23 PM

The only thing I can see is the white spots and perhaps the center sheen that is too regular. Again, don't have the texture but am just kinda trying to help and am kinda bored LOL A lot of people have white spots in the fingernails but they shouldn't be that regular to be honest. Anyway ..

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 4:17 PM

I used to get white flecks in my nails like that, it's calcium deficiancy :) Good storm going on outside BTW :P later jb

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 5:56 PM

You get white flecks in your nails when you tell little white lies ;o) At least thats what my momma always said!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:00 PM

My mama calls them "Intelligence Dots." The smarter you are, the more dots you get. checks nails Gods, I am so stoopyd! :p

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:04 PM

lol Gremalkyn, me too!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:29 PM

But your dots are pokey! :p Maybe you are a late bloomer?

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:31 PM

I agree with this thread. It would be nice if Daz would do a digital clone of various ethnicities: Native American, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Multi-Racial. That way the skin texturing would be more authentic and realistic. It would definitely add more variety to the Daz marketplace.

Spit ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 11:25 AM

Poserstyle has Heiata and Angela.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 1:13 PM

I'm talking about the brown discoloration on the nails. Marque

Lawndart ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 8:36 PM

file_59860.jpg

How's this for a Nubian Vicky? Just a quick render of a project I am working on. This is a process that will turn any texture into a wide variety of different types. In this case the original texture is just one of the Vicky standards, but with a photoreal texture as a base, the effect is staggering.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.