Fri, Sep 20, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Need Advise.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:29 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

file_59886.jpg

I don't know what to do with these pictures to make them look better. I'm going to post some other pictures... Thanks again. Any Advise would help me out a lot. I have adobe photoshop deluxe. Johannah

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:33 AM

file_59887.jpg

Here's the other one...

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 11:38 AM

file_59888.jpg

And Another...

JoeyGraphX ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 1:17 PM

Depends on the feeling that you want to provide to the people who will see these pictures. I'm not a photographer, above all I'm a film director and a 2D artist so these are my advices : -wanna make people see this building is big ? Shot it from down to up. -a picture has to be built in 3 equal parts (watch movies and try to see these parts) -do not hesitate to set a scene with people or animals or wait for the sun to be exactly where you want it to be... -I also think that the bricks make the picture look strange when they get little because of perspective so why don't you try any postwork in photoshop ? Good luck ;o)

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 2:57 PM

Johannah This is always a difficult question to answer as we all see thing differently, If you are not going to re shoot and just want to work in photoshop I have a couple of suggestions for #1 First I would get rid of the wires the clone tool is great for this, I would then think about the framing and the perspective the transform tool will correct perspective and the crop tool for the framing I would take a slice off the Hold on I will have a quick play I hope you dont mind :0 )

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 3:24 PM

file_59889.jpg

Hope you dont mind, Im not sure if this is what you were looking for its just the sort of thing I would do. Tight crops, uprights and a bit more contrast. I would add some human interest to give it a focal point someone walking by or sitting on the steps hope this helps **:0 )**

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 5:00 PM

That is a fantastic idea! I might even take your version from you. lol!!! But, I'm going to try the cloning tool for my self and give it a try and see what I come up with. I really like your version...I think I will take your version. ha ha! Johannah! Thank you for the great ideas. I'm going to work on those ideas right away!

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 5:13 PM

I keep looking at your photo that you re-did for me. I really like it...it looks so creepy! Thanks so much!!! Johannah I hope you don't mind I post it in my gallery with thanks to you!

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:10 PM

NO problem, You should give the clone tool a try. I did not remove all the wire. you could try finishing it off. you might like to try adding a better sky, this will hold the top of the image in. Anyway have fun that's what it's all about. :O )

JoeyGraphX ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:29 PM

Well, I think that mysnapz is really nice to give you that. The problem is that it is not even finished and you did not even work on it. I wouldn't be proud of a picture done this way... Just buy Photoshop and stop workin on PhotoDeluxe cuz it is very limitated, do away with your 3D software and create your own ART. Art is not when it looks like something but when it makes you feel something...

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 7:51 AM

The Forum is a place for learning; and the questions presented by Jinx, and the response by Snaps, seem appropriate and well thought out. Is is personal expression or art? 'prolly not, but first have to see what can be done, then learn the tools for yourselves. Photoshop is expensive! Perhaps post a question over in the Photoshop Forum about alternative tools. Which ones have the clone tool, and the perspective tool? What other tools are really useful?

spiderwebb ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 10:08 AM

and always give credit, where credit is due~

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 10:46 AM

Wow, Thanks for your great feed back JoeyGraphX, Misha883 and everyone else... you made me realize something...thanks a lot. I'll look into Photoshop and I'll be more careful the next time I take a shot. he he! I'll make sure it calls out to me or something before I shot... I'm new at this photography and I like it a whole bunch. Thanks again for all your great advise!!!! Johannah

JoeyGraphX ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 11:40 AM

All is well that ends well ! I'm glad that everybody share the same ideas ;o) That's right, Photoshop is expensive but... I'll have to shut up my mouth at this point I think ! Cheers to everybody ! ('('(~(/(~(.(Your dear rob.mayol).)~)/)~)')')

insaneheadcase ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 12:33 PM

Photoshop is expensive! Perhaps post a question over in the Photoshop Forum about alternative tools. Paint-Shop-Pro

randyrives ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 9:08 PM

Ditto with the Paint-Shop-Pro. I have both Photoshop and Paint-Shop-Pro, and I still find myself turning to PSP more than not. Photoshop is great and the industry standard, but PSP can nearly do everything Photoshop can for 1/5 the price.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 11:06 PM

I found that out today randyrives. I went price shopping as I call it and it will be the price for psp will be dropping here soon...I think. Thanks again!!

bleachfix ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 11:35 PM

I have both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop, and like randyrives says, I too use Paint Shop Pro more, because it is easier to use and learn than Photoshop. Photoshop is the industry standard only because it was the first...other programs are more streamlined, yet I find the tools in Paint Shop Pro are just as good as in Photoshop for most applications.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.