Wed, Sep 18, 3:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:48 pm)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Answer to Gecko's challenge posted.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 12:30 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:40 AM

Attached Link: GalleryThumb12626.jpg

Ok, I'm finally done with Gecko's challenge to make a photorealistic scene in Bryce. Considering Bryce's limitations (it's **hard** to make something photorealistic with it!) and the limits of my own patience (admittedly the more constricting of the two) I did the best I could. I worked on this for a couple weeks, mostly trying to figure out what sort of scene I could possibly do (it was a pretty broad challenge, after all). Once I decided on what to do, I modelled each piece carefully in Rhino, using a tape measure to get the proportions on the door correct (it looks almost exactly like the door to my bedroom, only painted differently). The sunglasses were from an earlier challenge in the Rhino forum, but I loved how they looked, so I figured, why not? Oh well, I'm satisfied that this is the best I could do. I've only tried for the "photo-real" look once before, and that was using 3DS Max. Let me know what you think (but I'm not changing it), Rosh

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 4:32 PM

I like it.. Especially the sunglasses and money It looks photorealistic to me.. :) Storm

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 7:42 PM

Very convincing(Again) You seem to really have a grasp of Rhino. Great Work. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Milaja ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2000 at 5:45 AM

I agree with Stormrage, especieally the money and the glasses! It's a great picture though... I don't think that I could pull that off in Bryce..... Tanja

Gecko ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2000 at 7:39 PM

Love it! great realism- only things i can see (minor details..) are that the coins seem a little too big and the transition from the wall to the floor seems a little odd also... maybe a wood border or something like that... but in any case (esp. since you're not going to change it :) ) it's a great picture!! Well done! -Gecko

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.