Fri, Oct 4, 4:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Victoria 3 !MAT V3 Maps HCHi

waveride ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 4:14 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:12 PM

Hi....I just bought Victoria 3 and thinking she has no material maps, bought !MAT V3 MapsHCHi to give her that covergirl look. What a disaster! She looks like a weathered 40 year old whose been in the sun too long. Any options like !V3MakeUpHi or !V3NaturalHi or anything....makes no change in her appearance. Where did I go wrong? She used to be a pretty young thing. Did I get the wrong maps? Can I make her look young again? If I do not use the maps..... shes just the plastic maniquin. Anybody with experience ? Thanks, Larry

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 4:40 PM

file_60029.jpg

Weathered 40 year old? Surely not... Can you post a render? And what version of poser are you running?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

waveride ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 5:17 PM

file_60030.jpg

You've got the look I'd like to get. I am using Pro Pack. I am not quite sure if I am using these V3 Maps correctly, but this is the only look I get. It looks photorealistic, .....well actually...now that you made me post a render, I anti-alais, and she looks much better. But if I wanted a lighten skin, how best to do that? I would like to discover how to makes adjustments. Thank you for your help. Larry

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 5:39 PM

Anti-aliasing helps a lot with photo textures. You never know quite what you've got til you do it. With those maps, there should be about 7 options for different skin tones in the MAT pose folder. Select the skin tone you want and THEN apply the natural or makeup mat pose. If you want her paler than you can get through that, then you'll need to either adjust the lighting, or open the texture file in Photoshop or another graphics program and adjust it manually. You'll need to apply the same adjustment to the body map as well, otherwise you'll get a seam around the neck area. Remember Victoria is based on a woman of about 30 or so, so those maps will never make her look like a teenager! You might find some younger-looking maps in the marketplace. Vic also has a morph for younger, IIRC, which softens the face considerably.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Simderella ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 5:54 PM

file_60031.jpg

also u might try nicer lighting, the default poser lightng is a very nasty yellow. and as V3 has many many great facial dials you might try giving her a better, non default looking V3 face! Here is a pic of my V3 character, probably not ur kind of thing, but less aged looking.. lol.. I have those DAZ v3 textures but they did nothing for me.. also very good, just not me. SimderZ

My Gallery

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 6:32 PM

40 year old?? lordy I hope I look like that when I am 40 lol. I agree with simderz the lights make alllllllll the difference!RDNA has alot intheir free section that are great.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 6:33 PM

OH GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ OMG it happened again!! what do I creat this time warp thing? I hit reply once and it posted 6!!!!! sorry for that

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

TheWanderer ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 7:05 PM

file_60032.jpg

Hi this is my character Selina V3+Head+Body Morphs with the standard Hi res maps. I found like with most peoples faces the choice of hair to face shape helps hope this helps Dave

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 7:21 PM

If you're using pro pack you've got to be careful in the poses section to select the mat file that has PP next to it and not P4. You probably know that already though. Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 9:31 PM

file_60033.jpg

With the right Texture and face morphs - you can make her look pretty young and adorable :-) This is V3.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 10:38 PM

file_60034.jpg

This is the same V3 using the same MapsHChi texture map. I used a spot pointed at her abdomen to highlight her face. You also need to adjust the focal length of your camera, for this close up I used a focal length of 135.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 11:42 PM

Grey_cat beat me to the camera's focal length setting. Mine is ALWAYS above 100

d_authority ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=300448&Start=61&Artist=d%5Fauthority&ByArtist=Yes

plastic mannequin? definitely not. i used the textures that they sell over at daz in this image. like they said, you can use the poses to change the way she looks from younger to older to darker to pale. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.