Thu, Sep 19, 10:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Return of the neverending WIP -- Feedback Appreciated

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 5:05 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

file_59723.jpg

I think I about finished the head texture.... Does the seam look ok? *smiles*

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 5:05 AM

file_59724.jpg

here is a shot from the front

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 5:20 AM

Beautiiiful! Like the lips, though the eyes are a bit 'dead'...great work. Is this Vic 3? -Hanz

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 6:11 AM

file_59725.jpg

nope it is vic 2.... the cheeks were way too dark I think and something about the side was bothing me so adjusted the skin tones and now I think its much better =)

shogakusha ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 8:13 AM

This is looking great! I think you are doing a wonderful job, and your seams are well covered. Keep it up!

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 10:52 AM

There are still tiny but noticeable red marks symetrically placed just to the side of her nostrils and just below her lower lip...if you were to break one of each pair up with a clone stamp taken from a nearby area, the too-symmetrical, flipped-photo look would vanish :) Other than those tiny marks, this is an amazing job...Is the next SteffyZZ lurking in our midst?! ;)

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 10:52 AM

file_59726.jpg

ok how come I can see my yellow background along the seams? On the texture I overshot the edges by a lot...

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 11:08 AM

Render the image and see if the yellow seams remain. I believe every texture I have shows seams in the preview window but (with a few exceptions) renders fine and flawlessly.

crimsonia ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 11:17 AM

it rendered fine =) any idea why poser does that?

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 11:31 AM

I don't really know, but I think it is because Poser creates a quick, lo-res version of the texture and it just doesn't seem to fit correctly onto the model.

crimsonia ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 6:54 AM

file_59727.jpg

does this seam match up ok? It looks ok to me but Ive been staring at it for a few hours and some outside opinions would help a lot :-) Thanks for Everyone's help!

crimsonia ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 7:50 AM

file_59728.jpg

here is the other side.....I think this one is about perfect....I hope I can make the other one look like this ;-)

crimsonia ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 3:41 PM

file_59729.jpg

ok here are some updated pics....feedback very much appreciated!

crimsonia ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 3:41 PM

file_59730.jpg

and from the side...

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:15 AM

(Sorry it's taken me so long to reply--been away for a few days) From the front, it's gorgeous! From the side, I see a horizontal line across her cheekbone, about at the mid-point, and one where the head joins the upper part of the neck. I'm so glad you decided to ask for feedback on this project, since I want to tackle a skin texture myself when I'm good enough with Photoshop, and I've learned a lot from watching your progress :)

crimsonia ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:11 PM

file_59731.jpg

ok first off I need to say that: IHATE SEAMS!!!!!! ok now I feel better =) so here is the update on the sides...

crimsonia ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:13 PM

file_59732.jpg

and heres the other side... oh and btw Thank you soo much for sticking with me throughout this project Patricia =)

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 12:21 PM

This is gorgeous. Looks very realistic.

crimsonia ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 3:37 PM

file_59734.jpg

Just to see what she looked like with hair :-)

lhiannan ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 3:57 PM

This is a beautiful texture, very lovely. The only thing I see (and this is being picky) is a very thin whiteness along the apples of the cheeks. It almost appears like a scar ('Allo... My name in Inigo Montoya... [If you haven't seen "The Princess Bride", I apologize]). Otherwise, near utter perfection.

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 8:17 PM

Wow...doesn't the frame of hair make it look lifelike?! I think I will not allow myself to add hair (when I tackle this kind of project myself) until the texture is really far along! Otherwise, I'll just sit admiring the face and say the heck with those !#!! seams--they hardly show now, do they ;) As far as I can see, it's done! And gorgeous, too...congratulations! And thank you so much for taking the time to do it here, so that I could get an idea of what I was up against when I begin mine :)

crimsonia ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 9:06 PM

lol its far from done =) I still have to do the details for the breasts and hands and feet and things like that.... and I like the white streak on the cheek :-) flaws = more realistic

lhiannan ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 9:25 PM

Of course :) I have freckles, moles, scars and blotches on my skin... Just not symmetrically placed on each cheek. I think leaving one of the white streaks on a cheek would add that bit of character and history that is missing in many textures.

crimsonia ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 12:36 PM

file_59735.jpg

is this better for the white "scar" lines? I think I have it fixed =) anyone know of any good tutorials on how to do a realistic body texture? lol

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 7:10 PM

Absolutely lovely. The texture itself is wonderful, a porcelain skinned queen. That little bit of a scar makes her human. I start asking myself questions about this character, where did such a lovely woman get this scar? What is her history? This one has a past :)

crimsonia ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:12 PM

file_59736.jpg

been working on the body texture..... got part of a hand done... feedback always appreciated =)

Patricia ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:35 PM

Well, you've made a good start on the body--that hand looks beautiful :) I so do not envy you doing the manicure part...I never realized how much sheer work is involved in doing a photo-real texture! The prices of the higher-end textures are fully justified, I'm beginning to see. Keep up the good work :)

crimsonia ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 6:36 PM

file_59737.jpg

well I started on the manicure part...not too bad I think...needs a bit more tweaking though and the other side of the hand would be good too =)

crimsonia ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:52 AM

file_59738.jpg

Hi all! Had to take some time off from working on my project to finish up college. I am thinking of adjusting the face to show some more skin detail...not sure though...what do you guys think? Should I just leave it ? Or attempt to add more details?

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 12:04 PM

It's looking great! Looking at the extreme closeup above, I see a less-detailed space between her nostril and her eye on the left side (our left, not hers)...it's a lot paler than on the other side of her nose. There, there's a blush, as if a lot of tiny capallaries were closer to the surface of the skin. The other thing that the closer-up view shows is that the eyebrow hairs, at this distance might benefit from a very, very slight smudging at their bases, where they grow out of the skin. Her skin is very fine and translucent and you would be able to see through it at the top layers to the part of the hair just underneath......... (and now I'm really nit-picking!) If you increase the overall detail, I would put it on a seperate layer, so that you can compare the two versions. I sometimes wish that texture makers would furnish two versions, though I know the file sizes would get humongous. I'd love to have one for extreme close-ups :) And congratulations on finishing college! :)

crimsonia ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:16 PM

Thanks! it feels soooo good to be done! The eyebrows arent mine I just downloaded them because the figure looked awkward without them :-P I plan on making my own ...hopefully when I get a wacom tablet (crosses fingers)that is what graduation money is for right?..... lol Do you mean how the redish hue goes up on the right but not on the left? I was trying to make it not symetrical as possible but maybe I should raise the red on the left too?

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 10:39 PM

You know, looking at it again, you're right--now it looks fine to me! Weird....Maybe I can blame it on the new color scheme ;P A tablet is a sound investment--I love my Wacom :)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.