Sat, Sep 21, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser 3

sinistrx ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 7:49 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:48 AM

Anybody know of a way to upgrade my existing Poser 3 to Poser 4? Or a way to make ps4 models work in ps3? I really don't feel like having to buy it all over again.

CyberDog ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 7:54 PM

I dont know any way to use P4 figures in P3.There may be a way but I dont know it. The only way to upgrade to ver4 is to buy the latest version.When I upgraded,I was givien a discount price by Metacreations.I dont know if Curious Labs is doing the same.Check their website.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 8:20 PM

Check with Curious Labs. Most places will give you a special upgrade price. You shouldn't have to pay for the full program if you already own P3. Melanie

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2000 at 9:44 PM

I don't know if they would sell you just a single P4 figure, but if that's all you need (and not all the other cool features in P4 - transparency, conforming, etc.), then I cannot think of any reason why a properly installed P4 figure, or Vicky for that matter, would not render in P3. ...Have I forgotten something?

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2000 at 5:39 PM

heyas; many figures created/saved in p4 will work in p3; they will throw a little error of 'version newer than expected.' but, after it sifts through that, it might load the figure okay. it might not. (it might crash severely, be warned.) if you see a cool free character you gotta have, no reason you can't try it out. (backup/write protect your poser.rsr and other main files.) also, you might check auctions and such for people selling poser 4. do try to buy a legal, legit copy, though.

sinistrx ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2000 at 9:12 PM

Well that's pretty much the answer I expected, luckily I got a boss with cash who buys me stuff so I already told him to order it for me on Monday.

sinistrx ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2000 at 9:12 PM

Well that's pretty much the answer I expected, luckily I got a boss with cash who buys me stuff so I already told him to order it for me on Monday.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.