Sun, Sep 22, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bonzai tree in Bryce 5??? Any help

pares101 ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 10:58 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

does anyone have the settings for a bonzai tree in the tree editor???

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:30 PM

i'm also trying t odo it.. when i succed i'll let you know..

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:33 PM

Bonzai trees come in many shapes since they imitate bigger regular trees. You aren't going to be able to get those twisty/curvy trunks in the Bryce tree lab. It might be better to look for an actual model somewhere on the net. So far the closest I've come to something similar is the big African umbrella trees you find on the savannah. It may be possible to get a bonzai in Bryce.....hmmmmm, challenging. If anyone knows of good settings please post them.

pares101 ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:47 PM

Aldaron where can i get the big African umbrella trees??

pares101 ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:50 PM

Actually what are the settings for it?? What i want to do is have a seed drop into the land and a tree rising up! the savannah tree is pretty cool too. any urls or something for it i can use?? on bryce or something?? hehe i just need help here :)

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 2:10 PM

file_60430.jpg

I just started trying to make a bonsai arrangement a couple of days ago, and this is my latest attempt. If you are interested, I will copy the settings for you.

Fractals will always amaze me!

clay ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 5:25 PM

Bill munns has a tut on how to do Bonzai trees. billmunns.com I think is his site.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 6:58 PM

file_60431.jpg

Something like this for the umbrella tree?

I was thinking of actually selling it in a pack of trees I was working on.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 8:52 PM

I think just shrink a whole tree down, play with the trunk thickness, if you can (I'm not that far yet, and I'm not on a machine with Bryce on it..;), the leaf sizes are usually a lot smaller, if'n I recall. There's also usually a lot less branches, at that. Hope this helps.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

croowe ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2003 at 3:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.image-in-air3d.com/Ressources/objets/object3_us.php

Here is a link to one in .obp format that was posted in the freebies here.

Sambucus ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2003 at 4:25 AM

file_60432.jpg

Here`s my effort from last year. I used metaballs to form the trunk and then added a tree from the lab, shrinking the trunk and hiding it behind the metaballs. The leaves on bonzai always seem larger than is realistic to me so I left them that way. I then sat the whole thing on a rock which is the only time I`ve ever found a use for the roots. :0) Hope this is some help.

vasquez ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2003 at 6:53 AM

looks nice, i think metaball work is the only solution...

pares101 ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2003 at 7:31 AM

I agree your tree is the best one yet ive seen come close. Hey pakland are you continuing to work on the umbrella tree??? it looks very good.

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 29 May 2003 at 11:11 AM

sambucus, actually, that is pretty good. i've seen a lot of bonzais and leaf size CAN be like that :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.