Sat, Sep 21, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Something for me to work on..........

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 12:35 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 8:12 PM

file_60454.jpg

Just snagged this pic off my grandmother the other day.... It is a picture of her grandmother and her grandmothers sister. Which would make the lady of the right my great-great grandmother. The pic had to have been taken in the 1800's, just doing the math.... but not sure of exact dates. I want to restore it as best as I can and make copies up for family members. Any tips? It's been a while since I've worked on an image like this and I can remember it was quite time consuming.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

mysnapz ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:49 PM

Looks like a nice project I have done a couple of these, Just thinking of some tips that might help Scan at the largest resolution you can get, the more digital data you have the better for repairing the damage. I dont know how big it is, but think of the final size you want and make sure your scan gives you enough dpi to get 300 dpi at your final size. about 22mb for a 10x8 print I have struggled with this and made a small print copied onto print film then printed my final images in the DR, this worked well and then you have neg and real pictures. LOL I guess your be cloning, I like to use the all layers option and have a blank top layer to clone into you can then correct any mistakes before you merge. One final obvious thing try and keep its charm the soft focus and colouring are not age just qualities of the original picture. Hope this helps :0 )

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

PPsphere ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 5:48 PM

i say it is not all that bas as is try filters and stuff in PSP like depixellating and some of those like contrast and edge blur..i dunno! you'd see it like you want whatever you do.

DHolman ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 6:26 PM

'chelle - Actually, from this scan it looks like it should be easier than many I've seen/tried. The photo itself looks to be in very good condition (considering). There are no major blemishes or tears on the faces or the clothing for the most part. I think most of these could be taken care of with color correction and the cloning/healing brush. Of course, it's going to take some time, but I don't think it will be major (like having to reconstruct a whole area that was torn or scratched out). -=>Donald

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 7:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.retouchpro.com/

This site has many tips. Have fun! [I am expecting to see your face cloned in place of your great-great-aunt.]

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 8:58 PM

Hey thanks for the link! and all the good advice from all of you.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.