Sun, Oct 6, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: On a budget

Revelation-23 ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 6:55 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 4:05 AM

I've been looking for Poser 3 or 4 off and on, but it's something that's hard to come across around here. I've looked online to see if I can find a decent price (new/used), but to no avail; I'm probably not looking at the right places (and the insomnia isn't helping).

So... does anyone know of a place where I can get a good price on Poser or have an old copy they aren't using anymore that they'd be willing to part with when/if I get some more money to play with? Any help in tracking down a copy would be greatly appreciated.

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 8:30 AM

If you email me your address I could send you a cover disk I have with Poser 3 on it. I don't use it coz I have Poser 5 now but I certainly had many happy hours with it when I first discovered Poser last year. Love Elgyfu elgyfu@f2s.com PS I mean for free, by the way, so many people have been so kind to me that it would be nice to be able to help someone out myself at last.

dougj ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 9:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dvdirect.com/shop/product.asp?sku=CUR2005

Poser 5 full version $139.. I don't think you will find it any cheaper. -Doug

http://www.dvdirect.com/shop/product.asp?sku=CUR2005

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 11:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1236319

This link is to a thread about where you can get Poser3 for free(German version). Also in the past week in this forum several post of places to get Poser4 for $99.00. Have fun,SWAMP

Revelation-23 ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 1:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. $100 to $139 or so isn't bad, but I'm pretty much in a state of being broke, so money's much tighter than I'd like. I'll check out that German site (thankfully, I am still somewhat fluent in German), and I'll also send an e-mail off as well.

Revelation-23 ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 1:40 PM

On the first page: Poser 4 MAC engl. On the second page: Poser Pro Pack, WIN, EN, DEMO I don't see one labeled Poser 3, nor do I see multiple versions. Am I missing something here?

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 1:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/index.htm

Broke...you can still have a blast. At this link,you can DL about six or so free modeling programs,and a couple of landscape creators. They are free,but can do many of the things the "big boys" can do,plus along with learning alot...you'll have alot of fun. The only problem you may have with the German version of Poser is the manuel.....but after you get it,I'll be happy to E-Mail you a zipped copy of the English PDF SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:02 PM

...I just went to that site,and while I don't speak German...it does look like they don't have it listed any more.Try E-mailing them and ask about it. Perhapes you should take elgyfu up on that very nice offer. SWAMP

Revelation-23 ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:04 PM

I did e-mail them about it, and I did e-mail elgyfu as well. The site kept giving me problems every other page as well, something that made me not want to stick around very long. My German's rusty, but I recall enough of it to get around and saw no other place to go.

dalelaroy ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 9:13 PM

Got Poser 4 Plus Pro Pack for $89.99 each plus $5.57 shipping and handling at Fry's Outpost online. Found it by doing a Google search. Dale LaRoy Splitstone

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 11:00 PM

...or you could wait for Daz Studio which will cost you nothing.

Bryde ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 3:23 AM

I thought Daz Studio basic is only a kind of render machine for pre-made Poser scenes...so I would think you still need a Poser version to make those scenes...no?

dalelaroy ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 6:19 AM

The possibly free base module will provide limited capabilities, such as character modification, in addition to the render engine, but higher functionality, such as posing and animation, would require the purchase of other modules. Dale LaRoy Splitstone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.