Sun, Sep 15, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: Before or after?

mysnapz ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 2:47 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: The Path after

file_61045.jpg

This is one of those pictures, That when it returned from the lab was not as I remember it as I pressed the shutter, I was sure the lighthouse was larger in the frame. Those processing labs are always messing with my stuff, LOL. So I have made a few adjustments and would like to know what you think, Before or after? **:0 )**

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:03 PM

Very nice after shot! Clean up the grain in the background on the after pic and I'd say it was just about perfect. The before isn't bad either, but the after is a WoW shot!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:13 PM

I like the "After"

rocserum ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

there's something very wrong with the perspective in "before". "after" is the original, is'nt it? A nice shot, RS

mysnapz ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 3:51 PM

Sorry Rocserum the "before" is the original, it's taken with my 19mm lens which does some pretty wacky things, I want to try some candids with it but you have to get so close. Working on the grain now Michelle, Im never sure how far to push poster edges. :0 )

doca ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 5:38 PM

Well, somebody always has to sit on the other end of the teeter totter. I like before best, it looks real. After looks made up and the sharp detail of the marker just doesn't fit (for me) with the out of focus light house. From the artistic perspective, after seems more "artisitic" (with Michelle's suggestions added) because it is a bit wacked out/unusual. You could even tinker with it some more and try converting the background or foreground to sepia or black and white. Get crazy. But personally, I like the realism of before (that's why I quit using drugs.) It would be nice if the colors and contrast were a bit stronger though.

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 8:40 PM

I really like the composition of "after", but agree that the grain needs smoothing..."before" aint half bad either...coolness. :-)>

patmartj ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 2:46 AM

Before is the one for me too....

mysnapz ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 2:51 PM

I guess it just goes to show you cant please everyone. Thank you all for your comments I wonder what the reaction to only posting the after would have been? Apart from the obvious adding of texture I wonder if you would have picked up on the changes? Michelle, I did try your suggestion on the texture in the sky but I liked the textured sky better. Some days selecting the finished image is as hard as making a hand print, I could never decide on the paper type or grade and asking for advice always left me more confused some days I felt this was the hardest thing about making a print. I guess the final image must be the one you personally like, but its always good to get other peoples point of view. Thank you. :0 )

doca ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 5:33 PM

Yes, it is very much a personal matter as to what people like. That is why it is important to not be insulted or even overly proud when anybody gives you their "personal" opinion because that is exactly what it is a "personal" opinion. I recently printed 100 photos (all different shots) and matted them for sale in a local art show. Some that sold surprised me, some didn't. Some that didn't sell surprised me also. The same batch on another day with a another group of people and I am sure the results would have been different. (A tip, the bees on flowers went very well) Happy shooting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.