Sat, Sep 21, 6:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Stealing our art work big time. Who reads Spanish? and selling it.

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 8:58 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:42 AM

Attached Link: http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada/tuweb/1/1.html

http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada/tuweb/1/1.html This image on the front is mine, it was even picked as poserworlds image of the week. Hit the home button and check out the art work. Dash gave me this link. It has lots of our art work, That the person is selling. I had a awful time trying to find everything. Someone tell me How I can shut this place down. It is being sold for web pages. I have real life stuff to deal with most of today. I'm also going out of town on Sunday for a week. So I need to get a handle on this. There is a lot of artist from heres work, It was all poser but one picture.

Love is Grandchildren.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:06 AM

Gee what a NERVE! And as far as I can see the owner even states the "copyright of pictures belong to the autor" or some such. I don't really understand spanish, only bits and pieces of it. But I couldn't find anywhere where the images were actually sold... Could you possibly give the link?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:09 AM

Attached Link: http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada/

Here the main link. I found even more, some look like Danie's, and bunch of otheres. This stuff of mine, some was direct steal from GulfMysrys site, others from Ren gallery. Most looks like ren.

Love is Grandchildren.

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:18 AM

Looks like the site's down. Maybe someone already gave a hint to geocities. ;) Phil

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:21 AM

Or maybe so many of us took a look that it totally consumed the site's bandwidth allowance in a matter of minutes.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:31 AM

LOL L_D It looks like this is exactly what happened. Well this is an easy way to shut down a Geocities site G But I seem to remember something about Geocities not being very cooperative when it comes to shutting down sites?

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:31 AM

Let's all bookmark it and check it eveyday :P

jenay ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:42 AM

i looked around one minute ago - now it's not available any longer ...

BonBonish ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:44 AM

I am so sorry that you have to deal with that kind of stuff. I am happy that you speak up! I really do not know what type of action you can take in order to stop that stealing. Anyway, I wish you luck with shut this place down!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:45 AM

Okay, all bookmark and checking...Sharen

jenay ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:53 AM

ok - as far as i understand spanish the transfer volume is exceeded at the moment ...

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:34 AM

I just checked it at 8:33 a.m. Pacific Time on June 5 and it is "Temporalmente Inaccessible" You guys are good, how do you find this stuff?

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:43 AM

it was back up just now, but after I went through a few of the pages a few times, some seem to be going offline again :) oh the joys of making thieves pay for their misdeeds :)

ChristianB ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:53 AM

I didn't see any place where they were selling the images. Also my Spanish is not the greatest either but I think the copyright on the bottom says that the images belong to the authors... not that the owner of the web site is claiming to be the author. From what I gathered it looks more like the site is used to get reviews of the images along with email addresses. Regardless it is still really messed up.

Dave Cooler may be able to help, he works for Curious Labs and Daz to help prevent piracy. From what I heard he is a copy write attorney that just happens to dig Poser.
CoolerBear@att.net, if this address is not current try to get in touch with someone at Daz. He is your man for cease and desist letters.

I hope this helped,
Christian

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:24 AM

file_61529.jpg

Well we can't prevent them from stealing our images but we can prevent them from using them and taking credit for our work, by embedding a watermark on the image. like I've done with one of own images above.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:26 AM

Attached Link: http://systran.aol.com/systran/cgi

this will help a lil in translating the whole page. it doesnt get all the idiosyncras of the language but it will give a general gist of things. and also I just checked the site and it is still down

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:27 AM

"cooler" is only Dave's internet handle. He uses his real name sometimes at the Poser newsgroup. He's frequently really generous with advice, so that might make him a good person to contact, but unless DAZ' intellectual property is at issue here (and it sound like it's not,) I doubt if he could pull any actual strings. As I understand, the copyright holder has to be the one to take action, which means you'd have to hire your own lawyer to issue the usual cease and desist orders if Geocities truly refuses to cooperate. (Any actual lawyers are encouraged to pitch in, here, especially if I've erred in my understanding.) An e-mail campaign by Rosity members to Geocities abuse dept. might help prior to going the hardcore legal route. I hope so, anyway. Turtle, truly sorry this happened. You know we're on your side.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:31 AM

galactron22 I usually put my name and addy right across my images to try prevent theft {befor comeing to renderosity I had a huge problem with some other work geting stolen and cut up} just recently though in a comment posted to an image it was requested that I stop doing that. If anyone has other suggestions to help the artists here please tell us. I know I am always open for suggestions.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:36 AM

The site comes up and goes down, but I was in long enough to see a couple of my images. My signature was still across the bottom so it doesn't look like she's trying to claim them as her own. I also didn't see where she was trying to sell anything, but it's hard to say since I don't speak Spanish. :-)

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:42 AM

Everytime I go to that site, I have to run AD-Ware. I know this person probably is one of 3 that ask if they could use my art. I said NO very clear. I would like to find a e-mail addy for the person and tell them to take my stuff off their site. Yes I didn't see any for sale$$$$. But you know the Great Tit bird Anton made. Well they even cut that from one of my pictures and are useing that as a go button. Thank you all. And It was Dash who told me, they had used one of her pictures. Someone IM her and told her. Thing is I seen others work too. Yes I know Cooler very well, helped me out once. I'm still looking for that Wares person, who went under-cover and someday I will find that jerk and turn him over to Cooler. You all are so nice and great support. Thank you.

Love is Grandchildren.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:47 AM

I was just thinking that this was one of the people that I had said no to also, but couldn't remember.

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:53 AM

I ought to get Anton on that bird, since they didn't need to buy it.

Love is Grandchildren.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 12:49 PM

Give me a bit of time and I'll get a generic nastygram in Spanish for people to send if they find their pictures on that site. I'm not bilingual, but I can definitely get the point across. If anyone has suggestions on what I should put in, let me know and I'll work it up during lunch. And, yep, it's showing a temporary bandwidth exceeded message right now. If I can get in later, I'll cruise the site and see if it is selling the works as well. Saludos! Cres

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 1:39 PM

Just mail Geocities and explain the problem they'll shut it down pretty quick for you...had to do this a few times in the old days ;o)).....Steve

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 2:26 PM

The site is still up and I do not understand Spanish It may help if you sign her or his guestbook and tell them they are stealing artwork or placing artwork without permission that is copyright. Writting to Geocities should help too. I have complained about pages that I thought were in violation of their TOS and they were removed. Warm Regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 4:22 PM

Hehe it's down once again...

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 4:29 PM

He/She is offering web design services because, after all, he/she's such a great artist. I didn't have time to create a form letter to yell at them, but I did sign the guest book. Ud. tiene picturas cuales no son suyas en su sitio. (De veras, me parece que la mayordad son robados de otros artistaa.) Conozco los artistas quienes creyen las picturas y yo se que Ud. no tiene permision para usarlas. Es contra las leyes internacionales de copyright usarlas sin permision. Favor de borrar las picturas robadas de su sitio. Gracias You have pictures on your site which aren't yours. (In fact, it appears to me that the majority are stolen from other artists.) I know the artists who created those pictures and I know that you don't have permission to use them. It's against international copyright law to use them without permission. Please remove the stolen pictures from your site. Thanks

Puntomaus ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 4:30 PM

Ohhhh, I wanted to go there and see if they've taken some of my images as well and everytime this darn site is down ... hehe, maybe this person starts to wonder about the growing popularity of her website >:P.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 4:39 PM

(I don't know how to create accent marks for the web, but this should be quite understandable, anyway.) Esta es mi pictura. (This is my picture.) Esta es una pictura robada de ___. (This is a picture stolen from .) Esta picture no es suya. (This is not your own picture.) ____ creyo esa pictura. ( created that picture.) ____ hizo esa imagen. ( made that image.) Ud. robo mi pictura de ____. (You stole my picture from ____.) ladron - thief pictura - picture imagen - iamge abogado - laywer leyes internacionales de copyright - international copyright laws And this concludes Spanish 101. ;-)

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 4:43 PM

Hmmm ... they erased my message. Go figure. Ah, well, copy/paste is a happy.

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 5:45 PM

I sent Yahoo-Geocities a complaint that this person broke there regulations. I finally found a place after searching google. It was under there agrrement forms. //Said reporting On -and had lots of catagoies. I don't know if this will do any good or not?

Love is Grandchildren.

Dash ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 5:50 PM

Hi all I will try and do my best to get her to delete the images from her website she has been "caught" trying to sell one of my images and my understanding is that she has already sold a few websets with turtle's images. Not 100% precent sure. the link here http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada/tuweb/1/1.html (wich is still down) is where to contact her to make a webset you just tell her what image you want and she'll do it for you. she'll want to to pay her in advance :( this was told to me by an IM i'll probably make an offer to her just to find out. btw Turtle i'm a He lol I'll see if i can find out more.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 7:53 PM

Still down at 8:49 eastern time :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 8:29 PM

Darn! I want to see. I remember getting a couple of emails too.

Dash ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 9:42 PM

Site is up again for those who want to check if their work is there.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:03 PM

just got a 'timed out while trying to contact...' at 11:00 eastern (2300 UT)

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:24 PM

Attached Link: http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/alert.html

Sorry Dash. Here's the link I found and I put in a complaint. Gee how many times has this going to happen to me=Us. It sure takes away from actually working in Poser. :O( Well night you all and thanks for the help and I hope not too many more of us are in her gallery. Leah

Love is Grandchildren.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.arielsdreams.com/

Check out this one...she gives us all credit and has links to our Renderosity Galleries, but in my case, doesn't have permission.

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:02 PM

Holy Shit, This one makes no bones about selling our stuff either. I want my money. Rockets you should post this on the Front page. Shes got us all!!!! Tons of Stormies stuff. I can't believe this two in one day.

Love is Grandchildren.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:23 PM

Finally got in for a bit, did not get to see everything cause parts are not working again. Saw nothing of mine but some of other peoples, this is getting really sad! I am sorry to everyone who stuff has been taken.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:50 AM

I can't get beyond the front page of this clown's site. It appears he maybe using the corupt MS java that won't work well or not at all on netscape.

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:14 AM

Howdy folks, My apologies for not getting to this thread sooner but I've ben on the road for the past couple of weeks (currently in Utah) & my net time has been fairly limited. ChristianB, I appreciate the promotion, however IANAL (I am not a lawyer :-). Officially I am the Copyright Enforcement Agent for DAZ & I also occasionally represent several other Poser artists & vendors. xoconostle, I use my real name (D.M. Gorski) on the newsgroups when posting in an official capcity on matters of copyright involving DAZ or DAZ brokered products. Now as to the current situation with Geocities. They are owned by Yahoo! & the same people handle claims of infringement for both. The most expdient method to have a webpage removed is to do the following... Send a fax to ATTN: Anthony Coll at 310-302-1722 and include... 1.an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; 2.a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; 3.a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; 4.your address, telephone number, and email address; 5.a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; 6.a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf. In addition to an electronic signature, Yahoo!/Geocities also requests a handwritten signature somewhere on the fax before they will take immediate action. If you prefer to email or aren't fax capable include the above 6 points of information but be prepared for a delay because they will contact you to verify your claim. Anyone who has any additional questions, feel free to contact me privately. I'll be in the offices at Daz tomorrow so I can be reached at the abuse@daz3d.com mailbox or if we can figure out how to get my computer hooked up to the network my coolerBear@att.net address.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.arielsdreams.com/freegallery.htm

This person who owns Arielsdreampage hasn't even changed the filenames of the images. Most of them are named 'Galleryimage* followed by a number, exactly the way the uploaded images in the gallery over here are namend. And she put links to the artist's store's at the bottom of this page.

I have recieved two comments on my latest image and although it were positive comments both complained about the watermark that I have put directly on the faerie. Since I've seen it again now that people steal artwork I know I am doing exactly the right thing - I make my images useless for those who want to steal and tube and whatnot. Btw, attached the link to that page were all the images are displayed. You have to scroll down a bit.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:39 AM

The front page pic of this clown came from this site http://www.ladyutopia.com/sensualart/ it's the last pic on the left in her first gallery. I already sent her a note suggesting she check that character's site for any other of her work.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:43 AM

I understand why people dislike a watermark, but if it's the only way to keep your work from being stolen, chopped up, misused, even sold, well, people just have to deal with it, IMHO. It's the age old story of a few unscrupulous jerks ruining it for the rest of us. Oh, and Cooler, I've had TERRIBLE luck with Yahoo. They have email groups that pass around copyrighted images in the forms of tubes all the time, and they couldn't care less, as far as I can tell. They know it's going on. They just won't do anything about it. shrug bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:58 AM

Just got this message: Esta pina esta fuera de servicio.... Now, my Spanish isn't that good, but I think that says that the page is down for service. I wonder of they got the message, with all the bandwidth problems... And you know, I kind of get the "tuber" and "snagger" morons who think that because they're not selling the stuff it's okay (not that it is, but I understand why they would think so), but someone actually SELLING other people's work in any form (web sets, prints, cards, whatever) can't possibly pretend that they're not doing something wrong. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Carmelo ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 3:29 AM

If you have any problems with the spanish I can help you. The page is down. Carmelo Lopez.

ladyutopia ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 4:11 AM

Attached Link: http://ladyutopia.com

Hi: I am the person who gave the warning to Dash on which this lady is doing with the images of many of you. In principle, I put myself in contact with this webmaster and its answer was very crude, although soon it seemed to enter reasons and of including/understanding the subject, but I was not convinced and along with another designer we tended a trap and we requested budget on when she would cost that she did a Web to us with an image of Dash. This girl, Alicia, responded quickly and she was offered to do webset to him by which she would receive more than 30 euros, that futhe amount that offered my friend to him. We kept all emails like test of this now high crime and to hope to that this person envie to us the work to have one more a test. The email of this person who is robbing them her images is: hadita_29@hotmail.com And anyone of you who need to write up an email in Spanish to communicate with Alicia, can be put in contact with me who I will write up it very with pleasure. Excuse my English badly, but single I speak Spanish. Greetings: Lady Utopia. My email is: bluemoon@telecable.es druantia101@hotmail.com

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 11:18 AM

LadyUtopia: If only there were more people like you on the Web, and less like the Image Thieves. We thank you.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

ladyutopia ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:49 PM

It seems to be that Alicia has cleared temporarily its cover, to give the impression that his website is closed, but in the interior of the same one, has still not changed anything. Here they are the tests: These websets, are of Brisa, a designer and the images are of Luciferino: http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada1/poemas/poema37/1.html http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada1/poemas/poema30/1.html These others, are websets made by me, with images of Vali and Runswithwind: http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada1/poemas/poema38/1.html http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada1/poemas/poema39/1.html In addition, still it has the page where it offers his services to do websites by order: http://es.geocities.com/elmundohada/tuweb/1/1.html If tomorrow this person not to fact the opportune changes in his website, several designers, we have decided to put an official notice in ours websites, accusing this person of pirate and to break the laws of copyright. We have already sent emails to geocities Spain to denounce this crime. Hugs: Lady Utopia.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.