Sat, Sep 21, 8:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 7:40 pm)

Subject: Can't use my own textures in P5

victimorcrime ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 10:57 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:24 AM

After ataking a break from 3D I thought I would pick it up again. So, I went out and got Poser 5 and Victoria 3. Wow, 5 sure is drastically different from 4 and Vickie 3 is really confusing, the morphs through me off. Anyway, I downloaded a seem guide (I loved those for vic 1 and 2) and I started working on a texture. I have photoshop and Poser open so I can check as I go. The problem is it won't let me load my textures into poser. I create a new node, 2d image map and a box pops up to let me select a map or browse for a new one. When I browse for a new one I select mine and it doesn't load, if I select any other ones from Daz it works fine. Any ideas? Is 5 really worth all this extra headache?

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 11:17 AM

I'm not sure why the texture won't load. I've worked on one in Photoshop and P5 at the same time as well, and everything went fine. P5 is daunting at first, but I think it's worth it. Nested folders and the material room are the main pluses. Sure, it can be a pain in the ass at times, but the effects you get when you really delve into it are worth it. Back to your question though, do you end up with a blank texture? Or it just doesn't replace the one that was there?

Dagon ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 11:35 AM

when saving your texture, check "Exclude non-image data" and uncheck "save thumbnail". Poser chokes with additional data embedded in the file ;-)

victimorcrime ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 11:38 AM

When I create a new node and I click where it says 'none' to open up the box to pick a texture, it lists 'none' above the browse box. I click browse and find the folder I saved the texture to and double click it, even tried to click once and then open. It goes right back to the box to choose a texture and still lists 'none' I even clicked the black arrow next to none to see if it loaded it there. If I choose one of Daz textures, it loads just fine. I even tried it without creating a new node, just use one that was already loaded and try to pick my texture instead. Still doesn't work. It just doesn't load my textures. I just had a thought and tried it out. I know what the problem was. My textures were CMYK, I changed them to RGB and it works now. Wonder why Poser doesn't like CMYK? Guess because you can get more colors out of RGB..somehow, haven't figured out how yet. Anyway, thanks for the reply, I had assumed I was doing something wrong in Poser.

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 4:50 PM

I'm glad you got it figured out. Also good that you found out the CMYK thing. That's interesting. You asked a question, and ended up being the teacher :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.