Tue, Oct 22, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: About P5 shader nodes...

marco-xxx ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 7:49 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:43 AM
  1. When I scale a prop (e.g. the box in the library, to make a wall) and then apply a tiled shader node (e.g. brick) Poser scales the tile also! Until SR4 (may be...) removes this dumb behaviour, there's a trick to avoid it (well, I can rescale the tile but, for complex mat - as the ones of poser library - it's very tricky). 2) There are tutorials about using skin and hair nodes? I see that almost all use textures instead of skin nodes: is this so weird? As usual, excuse my English...

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 8:13 AM

Attached Link: Runtime DNA

what you need to do is decrease the U & V scale, here's a simple setup to show you what I mean. There's a couple of tutorials here in the forum dealing with the skin node (can't remember the links right now). PoserPros & RuntimeDNA also have some Poser5 wizards in residence. http://www.poserpros.com

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 8:14 AM

file_62176.jpg

helps to include the picture when you hit the post buttone :)

marco-xxx ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 12:06 PM

Thank! About U & V scale, the change could be tricky for complex material that have more than one tile node: in this case, you must scale all the node proportionally to avoid distortions

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 12:13 PM

if they all go into one node that has the U&V scales, you only really need to change it on that one, but yes it may be necessary to change them all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.