Thu, Sep 19, 4:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: floor of prop interfers with my camera angle!

evilded777 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 7:30 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:27 AM

I've run into this before... yes, I guess I am a fan of low camera angles. But is there anything to do about this other than ditching the floor of the prop? I can't think of anything... e.d.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 10:26 AM

Not sure what you are asking here. Perhaps if you could post an example image it would help us to understand what you mean. Are you refering to the default GROUND PLAIN?

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 12:43 PM

I assume he's referring to a prop with a floor. If so, you can double-click the floor (or go to properties) and switch off it's visibility. Alternately, you can set it's material to 100% transparency in Surface Materials. I had this problem with the room pack I'm making, and partially solved it by making the walls 2-sided, so you can set the outer material of the walls, floor and ceiling to 100% transparency. That way, you can see into the room from any angle at all. mac

evilded777 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 8:14 PM

mac is correct... can not post an example, beause you end up with a completely black render. The only problem with making it transparent or invisible is the floor does not show up at all.... camera angle is such that the floor is still visible, camera is just below the floor! Have switched the camera angle completely, as no easy resolution appears to be in sight (no pun intended). Will post it to my gallery late tonite or tomorrow (it is a Father's Day gift for my dad and father-in-law.) thanks, e.d.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.