Mon, Sep 23, 9:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Tut, tut

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 8:33 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 9:23 PM

file_62710.jpg

It's not just on the Freebie description that DAZ are committing typos....

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 8:49 AM

he he... perhaps their typist exlpoded...! :)

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 12:38 PM

I'm pulzzed that their inlsltaation method is acltualy claling Exlporer dilrecty. That's a flairy imploite thing to do!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 12:46 PM

It's probably aiming for IE, for the readme.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 3:41 PM

I bet you anything Anton is doing the typing lately. Nice bloke, but boy oh boy, his typos are awesome. (No offense intended, Ant)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Gelana ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 7:54 PM

I am a the Chief Engineer for an IT consulting firm. The fix that we have found for this is a reinstall of the Operating System. If it is Windows 98 you might (in some cases) be able to install over the old Operating System but in a few cases we had to format the drive and start over. Windows 2K and XP will not allow for this at all and it is a fresh install of the OS It may not format the drive but it loses all connections to programs in the System registry. I am suprised you were able to make it onto the internet at all. In all cases we have delt with the client was totaly unable to get to the internet with their Internet Explorer. For Windows and Internet Explorer problems we alwayse go to http://microsoft.com/technet If technet dosen't have the answer we click on the Knowlege base in the menu bar on the right. Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 8:11 PM

I had that error come up but I thought it was because I removed a program and left traces of it behind. I got the error each time I tried to open up programs. They opened anyway. A technician thought it was a relatively benign virus and recommended I run a virus scan in "safe" mode. I did. The error continued. Because I was giving that computer to my brother, I ended up having the Windows software reloaded and that fixed the problem. It never kept me from getting on the Internet or using my equipment...just gave me the same error message for everything except Poser (go figure), including Scan Disk and Defrag.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 8:37 PM

Gelana and dialyn... I really, seriously hope you guys are joking. The point is, who ever did the script for the installer or whatever shown above has mis-spelled Explorer. That was rather the point. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 9:34 PM

he he ;)

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Gelana ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 10:36 PM

LOL!!! My bad!!! I didn't catch the mis-spelled explorer. Ignore me. I might be an MCSE but I am also blonde. Sorry Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

JohnRender ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:58 AM

The obvious solution is to go into your Windows folder and rename "explorer.exe" to "exlporer.exe" so that the DAZ thing will work. I do like the idea to reinstall Windows, though. It won't fix the typo in the message box, but it'll keep the user busy for a few hours and once they're busy re-installing, they'll probably forget about the typo. Who was it that complained that CL didn't do any testing before releasing their products? You'd think this would be an easy thing to catch... unless the DAZ people all have "exlporer.exe" on their computers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.