Fri, Sep 20, 1:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Flying on Angels Wings (Poem)

pictakr ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 6:18 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Flying on Angels Wings By: Pictakr Do you want to know what it is like flying on wings of angels? It is not like being strangled It is not like being hit It isnt like having a fit It is not like dieing But it is like flying This is what is it like flying on the wings if angels You feet will dangle The wind will fly threw your hair You feel free Youll think how could this be? You can see everything the eye may see Youll live the life you want to live In the few moments to spare Youll fly streaming in the air Flying on Angels wings is like Living in your own dreams!

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 10:45 PM

The poem seems a bit rough. The second half flows well with a good ending sentiment, but the first half keeps hitting me like a brick wall. There's a very obvious rhyming scheme that goes on, but it abruptly stops at some points without giving me the impression that you meant to draw attention to those lines. It's a great sentiment, but it feels like a first draft. I've been thinking on it for a few days, but I'm not sure where to go with the first half. I guess the idea that someone would equate flying with an angel to being killed throws me for a loss. I could understand references to awe and fear, but pain is a stretch for me. Poetry has never been my forte, so the best I can do is mention what seems wrong to me. I can't easily suggest what might improve it. I hope this helps.

Charmz ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:41 AM

Perhaps work more with the illusion of things and not spend so much time worrying about whether it rhymes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.