Fri, Oct 4, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WIREHOUSE ONLINE WIRE DEPOT

loganarts ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 5:25 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:17 PM

Attached Link: http://www.metagons.com

Hello sculpters, I want to share with you a place to find some of the best wireframes from the best artists around the web Its a place that me and Hypronost created to find all wires in only one place. Hope u guys like it. cheers loggie

BazC ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 5:46 PM

Helluva resource Loggie thanks! There must be hours of useful study there! - Baz

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 9:22 PM

Those are amazing. Hope you get some good clear wireframes of ears in there soon. Thanks for the link. Shanna :-)

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 11:29 PM

Thank you very much for sharing, loggie! Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

hypronost ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 6:10 AM

Hey ppl ! The place is far from finished, but its a start. I hope you all like it. You'll find some real good stuff in there. More wires comming soons, much more. Untill then, enjoy.

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 7:10 AM

Thanks to you too Hypronost, it's a great start! Speaking as a novice some more unsmoothed cages/control cages would be really useful! - Baz

illicit ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 11:17 AM

loggie and hypro, if you need any help, I often donate my webdesign skills to a good cause.. like the upcoming LW forum backroom if moe and fill ever get back to me.. ~illicit (loserbert)

The_Great_Dane ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:01 PM

please tell a newbie..what can I use a wireframesite for? I can see that you're all happy about it..

hypronost ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:26 PM

-illicit : hey tnx, I'll keep that in mind. -The_Great_Dane : lol, I understand your confusion. Wireframe images (specially from organic models) often give the modeler a good view on how to construct there model. For example: if you look at the wireframes of some of the heads in there you'll notice that they all have nice edgeloops and mostly all 4 sided polys wich results in a clean easy to animate mesh. By studying these images you can use the same techniques for your own work. Hope that explains :) -BazC : your totally right and I'll look into that.

laughingnome ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:38 PM

first off thanks Longanarts awesome resource site so far.
if you would like any of my wire pics let me know.

The Great Dane, the wire pics allow you to see how the model was constructed ie the basic wire build hence the desire to see wires and shaded wireframe pics at most modeling forums.

cheers
stu

laughingnome ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:41 PM

cross posted with you there Hpnocrast lol ill post some wires up later to demonstrate stu

hypronost ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:52 PM

lol laughingnome,
Send some of your wire pics to fred@metagons.com
with your stats so we can copywrite em.

laughingnome ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 1:32 PM

will do thanks for the link hypronost my apologies for misspelling your username. i was distratcted by a seven year old wanting a bedtime story lol. yes its a harry potter book lol. cheers stu

The_Great_Dane ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:13 PM

thanks for clearing that up hypronost and laughingnome hyg The Dane

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 12:16 PM

Cool link. Thanks a bunch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.