Thu, Sep 19, 4:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: June Challenge Entry.... WIP

Swade ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:54 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:47 PM

file_62981.jpg

Time To Kill A song performed by a heavy rock/metal band called Overkill is the story behind this pic.... In prison that is all you have is...... Time To Kill. The perspective is from inside one jail cell looking out towards the others. I did all the modeling in Bryce 5 with booleans. I am not that good at modeling but this is a challenge on top of a challenge for me. It is good practice for me. I have much to do with it yet. But I needed someone elses opinion as I have been looking at it far too long. lol This is where you come in. This is a Work In Progress so please critique it well... Let me have it. And thanks to all that will give a good honest critique. 8) ~Swade~

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 1:02 AM

Good start. Just add some prisoners. Maybe a guard making rounds.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Claymor ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:03 AM

Great start. I am assuming the point of view is looking out from the lower bunk, in which case it needs a matress and either a post on the lower corner or a chain running back to the wall at an angle.(Looks like all the bunks do...they look a bit like book shelves without more support IMO) I agree with tjohn, it needs prisoners or some other point of focus...it captures a cold, sterile feeling very well so far though. I look forward to the finished product.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 5:32 AM

How do the prisoners get in and out of their cells? Maybe model some doors? Great start!

Doublecrash ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 7:15 AM

Hm, I disagree with Tjohn and Claymor... the emptiness of the place is just what impressed me most when I saw this picture. Personally, I'd leave the prisoners out. Like this is disquieting and desolate, conveys a very strong feeling.

runwolf13 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 8:18 AM

If you add prisoners, you need the relatively small things that prisoners would have or do in their cells. Pictures, scrawlings on the walls, things like that. Really grundge it up. Or leave it cold and sterile... I think the image needs to be at one extreme or the other.

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 8:20 AM

Swade, Yeah just open the doors as though they escaped or something and leave something to indicate what happened Like a knife through a clock or something... come to think of it ... maybe your idea is better.

Nick_G ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 11:03 AM

Make it darker inside with some light shining through the windows, giving it more of an 'eerie' feel - at least, that's what I'd do. Otherwise, very good job thus far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.