Fri, Sep 20, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: photorealism with poser 4??????????

kukac ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 6:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:27 AM

i really don't like poser's render... can U please tell me is it posiblle( photorealism) and how...with any plugin or something?

geoegress ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 6:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=418881

depends what you call photo realism. Is this it???

Gorodin ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 6:50 PM

Attached Link: My gallery

it really depends on what you want. I have some high end tools, but *most* of the people renders I do use the Poser renderer. It gets me what I want pretty quick most of the time. Mind you, I tend to do a lot of post-work... Texture and lighting are the most important cues for fooling the the eye into thinking something is "photorealistic". Otherwise, consider getting another rendering package like Vue (I use Bryce and 3D$ Max)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 7:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=379751&Start=1&Artist=Dave%2DSo&ByArtist=Yes

I know you said P4, but P5 is much closer... although, I think with the correct light application, you can get very close with P4 as well. a p4 image..nudity flag: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=230713&Start=37&Artist=Dave%2DSo&ByArtist=Yes

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:53 PM

I don't know about photorealism, but with the right texture you can come close. Here's P4/PP render.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:58 PM

file_63078.jpg

guess it helps to include the image.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 11:10 PM

file_63079.jpg

and since this is where I started this here is the cigareete, I am going to re-do the burning one this was just a test of the texture, and I think I spoke too soon abotu teh smoke cause I really suck at hand texturing LOL, I will work more on it after CSI. These are truly photo realistic as I broke up a smoke to scan the paper, stood on on end to get the tobacco, if you get close enought you can even see those lil blue lines ( I am a canadian so these are canadian smokes.)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 11:18 PM

Great looking smokes..do they still sell them in the flat flip top boxes up there ???

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

rodzilla ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 12:21 AM

yup they still come in those packs...and uuuughhh! players extra light!...i guess that means the texture is ok tho huh?i can tell what brand they are?i'm a die hard export "A" man myself....the smoke definately needs a trans map....maybe invert the texture,and try that????

dalelaroy ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 12:51 AM

Probably the best photorealistic renderer you can get on the cheap is the Carrara 2.0 GI renderer. Dale LaRoy Splitstone

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 2:24 AM

Canoma give great photo realistic results as well.... :) Rozilla, I actually smoke JPS but didn't wanna wreck one of my smokes so I grabbed one of the cigarette tubes that we have laying around for when we are broke. I am going to redo the burning one of course as the paper is drawn burnt, gonna actuall smoke half of one then grab the textures from that ( yellowing filter as well.)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

A_ ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 4:33 AM

I think you can get pretty close with Poser 4, only if you also use some photo-edit program (like photoshop) to add things like blur and highlights and stuff like that. My humble opinion. :)

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:47 AM

I'll second that Dale. I love the Carrara 2.1 GI renderer. I do all rendering with it by now.

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:33 AM

Sorry but maybe only in my gallery you find a REAL photorealistic characters, with poser as example ( with NO POSTWORK !! ) http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=144923 http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=144923 my gallery: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=andygraph

rasputina ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 11:11 AM

players...dag, what about some du mauriers? :)

ronstuff ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:35 PM

file_63080.jpg

How's this for realism? Straight out of Poser no Postwork and took about 30 seconds to render at 800x600 on a 733Mhz machine.

Tguyus ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:53 AM

Nice render Ronstuff. What light set did you use?

A_ ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 10:29 AM

Wow, ronstuff, what a beautiful render!

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 1:01 PM

The light set is my own. It is a fairly a simple 3 white light studio set (Key, fill and backlight). Glad you like it :-}. A lot of the credit, of course goes to the very good texture which is Syyd's Zane, but even Syyd thought this was a good render and asked how I did it. For now, that will remain a secret until I finish a tutorial that I am working on ;-)

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 3:23 AM

you go Ron! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.