Thu, Sep 19, 4:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Invitation (OT)

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:37 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 7:14 PM

Hi all, I'd like to invite all of you to a concert on saturday june 21, 2003 at 19:00. I'll be performing with the orchestra then. The concert will be in the Ned.Herv.Kerk at Kerkstraat 12 in Ouderkerk (the Netherlands). I'll also be playing a solo for 2 viola's with a girl. (you know, the one from the 'aargh! She's got a boyfriend'-soap) Anyone interested in listening may come. I don't know if entrance is free, but if not it'll probably not be too expensive.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:58 PM

When 2 violas play, isn't it called a duet? Thanks for the invite, Ouderkerk is a bit out of my way, but it's the best invitation I've had lately. :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:00 PM

BTW, I really wish I could hear you play. My father is a violin maker now that he has retired, so I love strings.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:17 PM

It's still called a solo, because orchestra accompanies the 2 viola's. Maybe I'll be able to record some of the music I play. Your father is a violinmaker? Cool! Does he play the violin himself too? Where do you live? I'd love to try out some of the violins your father made.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:23 PM

Unfortunately the Netherlands is a little bit of a trip from Washington state. I would love to hear something you might record though, so keep us posted if you ever record anything.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:27 PM

We live in Tennessee. My father (85 y.o.) plays Bluegrass style music, or fiddle style. But the only difference is the style of playing, a fiddle and a violin are the same instrument. My father also repairs violins. He has met several classical players (including a violin teacher) this way. When they try his violins they are very impressed by the quality. He has made 9 violins and is currently building another.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:31 PM

Do you have anything recorded where he plays some music himself? I'd love to hear some music of him. Maybe hear one of his violins too? Tennessee is a little far away and I won't be going there any time soon. unfortunately.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 3:50 PM

Well, I'd really love to hear you play... Thanks for the invitation, but even from Germany it's too far away for me to come over and listen. Recordings would be fantastic! Take care, Jimi

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 8:36 PM

I'll try to get there Rayraz but at the moment I can't promise. I would really love to hear you play though and if I can manage it I'll let you know. Luckly at the moment air fares to Holland are pretty reasonable so we'll see what happens. 8) Catlin

Swade ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:20 PM

Aaahhh.... I love Orchastra and Symphony. Would love to attend but it is a bit far from the mid US. I do wish you well with it though. Have fun. ~Swade~

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Doublecrash ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 6:43 AM

I can't travel right now, but I'd be so glad to listen! My father was a conductor, so I grew up with Opera and symphonic music... let us know how it went! S.

Pedrith ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:51 PM

I would love to be there, but am stuck in Canada. Will the concert be broadcast live on a Holland radio station because If it is and they have streaming media content everybody you logs in will get to listen. Best wishes. Pedrith :)

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:17 AM

Unfortunately it won't be broadcasted on th radio. I will however try to get someone to make a digital recording of it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:24 PM

It looks like I'll have to wait for the digital recording 'cos I won't be able to make it after all. After talking to my partner it turns out we're going somewhere else so I'll just wish you all the best with the performance and I look forward to hearing it if you can get it recorded. Cheers Catlin Maybe next time, but give us more warning.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 2:54 AM

file_63048.jpg

Ray: Here's a picture of my Dad playing one of his handmade violins. That's my nephew Jesse pretending to accompany him on second fiddle.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:39 AM

Thanx for the picture tjohn. The violin has an interesting shape. The little violin is cool too. Does it make some sound too? I started playing the violin when I was 4 years old. I used very small violins in those days.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:43 AM

Catlin, maybe next time. I'll make sure I mention the concert a little earlier next time.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 8:31 PM

Thanks Rayraz and have a blast on the night, I also hope that your dreams eventually come true with the girl of your dreams. 8) Catlin

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 2:39 AM

I hope so too :) When we make music together you can really feel the connection. Let's hope it'll eventually create a spark.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.